Re: i crashed today

those dogs are good for nothing,

I would have gunned it if i were you

WHY U SICK YOUR DOG ON ME WAUNE OATS?

Damn, dude hope everything turns out right.

Sucks, I hate those small dogs that run out in front of you. Almost died(not literally) cause of those lil fuckers.

what the hell did you go to the hospital for you dont need doctors for road rash there aint nothing they can do for it

just wipe the blood off duct tape a rag around it and keep on ridin unless of course you cant ride cause your bike is dung broke than you might have to walk

Wow , that sucks Jay. Im sorry to hear that. I hope your ok and you get your moby up and going quick.

If the forks are frigged up im good with moby forks and ill let ya fix my banjo - no joke ive got one and its busted!

And yeah you go to the doctor if you do something like that and your job depends on your wrists, also to cover you ass if something really bad had happened and you really did need to go after her for causing that to happen, as she did.

If you work with you hands and you pay for your health insurance and you think you hurt something and you think you should go see a doctor you probably should.

i dont know any of these words what is job mean

i used tobe a court reporter for five years, and did nothing but sit through litigation. i have insurance, so i knew it was best to get it checked out asap. plus, it wasnt just road rash - i really smashed my elbow and wrist, and was afraid something might have been broken.

just check out these sweet photos i took specially for the ladies

note the sweet plateau of swollen flesh.

those are just booboos

Re: i crashed monday

sorry to hear, i rearened a car that stopped, was doin about 25-30. Im amazed at how i didnt break any bone considering i hit a nice fat rear end of a car. I was cut up worse than you and both my legs were showlen. Broke my front tooth on inpact with a full face helmet. bills bills bills. tooth is $2,300............ =(

Sweet Jesus . Its not a competion lol.

Wiping out sucks.

I hoped you and your moped get better.

yeah jay, but when you add that to the fact that i was a 30 year old man admitting to other adults that i had been knocked off my "mo-ped" by a poodle... that _real_ pain.

also, im not posting the photos of the injury to my upper thigh, because this is a family thread.

I know a little something about this...

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/493672/493672/

i would of just ran the fucker over

i have mixed feelings about dogs especially those little fuckers, but one thing i know is they dont belong in the fucking road. i am not saying i would accelerate but i sure as hell am not gonna risk myself for anything that doesnt belong there. as far as your road rash, pfffttt those are baby scratches but i am glad you are ok.

its not the scratch thats the problem. my wrist and elbow are kind of fucked up now.

Here is Ky. I hit rabbits all the time. they always dart acrost the road at the last minute. Its one thing to hit them in a car, but I am amazed that I'v never wiped out because of'em.

those look pretty nasty dude,try cutting your foot open on some jagged rocks and severing a nerve in it so bad that 10 yrs later you still havent gotten the feeling back.

Damn all of you. Jay, thank you for saving the stupid dog.

We [human kind] have spent 30,000 years forcibly breeding dogs into the shapes we prefer. We could let the obviously deranged breeds go, but instead people buy them from [in]breeders, and guarantee that the world will be filled with their twice-as-deranged offspring.

I know it doesn't seem like it when you breed mopeds and not dogs then suddenly have to choose between laying down in the road for a while and hitting an animal, but they're your dogs too. They don't get to choose; they're animals, and don't know that chasing cars is bad for them until they've been killed by one.

Ultimately, they're as much a part of a human city as the roads you're riding on.

So, shame on everyone who seriously suggested that Jay should have hit the dog. Yes, sometimes there isn't time to decide, or room to maneuver. This time, in hindsight at least, there was; I just wish it hadn't ended in a crash.

Come on , you dont have time to think about it, it could have been a dog of a rabid possum you just panic brake. Mopeds dont have abs.

CAVEAT: Apparently, Victorian England was so plagued by feral

dogs (two generations separate a lap dog from a weird-looking fox, basically) that dog-specific guns were a regularly advertised to cyclists.

Here's one "link":www.hellinahandbasket.net/2008/04/a_cyclists_gun.htm

This isn't the case here, though - and we're not riding penny-farthings with no brakes. I'd #%$*ing chase one of those.

Heal up Jay, and make the owner pay for new skin [for your moby seat].

"Mopeds dont have abs."

I was talking to a guy in Wyoming who once hit a moose while riding a Goldwing down the highway.

He did have ABS, and I'm pretty sure that his conscious mind didn't want to ram into an 1800 pound moose with his silly, giant motorcycle. No time to choose there.

So, yes, you're totally right. I don't think Goldwing-rider really thought about popping a wheelie to hit the moose with his back tire either, though.

does anymore want to come over and feel bad for me? my arm is somewhat sore today.

Did the cops come? Did they make a report?

Do not be bashful about sueing the woman. She will probably have homeowners insurance that will take care of it.

Remember, even though you have health insurance, your insurance company can go after you for their true costs once you have received a settlement from the woman or the woman's insurance company. For instance, if the woman's insurance company waves a $2,000.00 check at you and you accept it, if your health insurance co. has true costs that exceed that amount, you get nothing for your pain and suffering.

Take your time in settling the pain and suffering portion of your claim. The property damage portion can be settled rather quickly once you have priced up all the parts and the labor to do the work. Your health insurance co. will give you their true costs to which you need to add an amount for pain and suffering.

Good Luck.

We are going to Harvard Square for lunch if you want to come along...

i stayed home from work today fred, because i cant type! the physical demands of librarianship are too much for someone in my condition.

Get better Man and sue the bitch for all shes worth.

I completely understand! Are you going to have to take short term disability? I demands of the dewey decimal system is just too taxing on the arm and wrist joints..

I'm going through the same thing as you right now! my road rash is eve in the same two spots (plus some additional injuries) we can stay home from work and have an internet pity party.

You guys are fucked up... If you can avoid killing someone's dog, you probably should. Life is precious, even if it is a dog. Of course I've always had a dog and I love him like a child...