puch round intake with square intake port

hi,

a while ago my 2 speed engine self destructed, so i replaced it with a one speed off of a puch murray. The murray engine has a square intake hole on it, but the intake i have off of my old engine is circular. i'm wondering if i would be better off finding a square intake. has anyone run both or knows if i am losing power because of this.

thanks

Dave

Re: puch round intake with square intake port

If you are refering to the cylinder, the round may be a one HORSEPOWER restrictor, and may be pulled out with a long stud bolt, 2 nuts, a washer, a small metal pipe slightly larger than the hole.

- Summerai - First Ben /

no, he means the actual intake hole on top of the engine is square while the intake is round. I had the same problem when I put a kit on my Maxi. I would imagine you're losing power, but I don't know enough to say for sure.

Its gunna create turbulence in the flowing air.

see if you can match the intake to the intake port. if there is enough material in the intake, you can dremel some away to ease the flow of air/fuel into the intake port.

ok thanks i'll try that.

dave

The round intakes I have don't seem to have enough material to match those low-torque square intake ports. I would suggest putting up an ad in the buy/sell. Should be cheap and easy to find. Otherwise I think treats has the 15mm bing intake with a square port for like 15 bucks.

« Go to Topic — end of thread