Yamaha QT50 or Honda Express 2?

Yamaha QT50 or Honda Express 2? /

Alright, i have a choice of the 2, the express doesnt have blinkers (I see to get some its pretty expensive) I'm going to powdercoat the frame, put bars on it, chrome the engine covers on it, paint the rims, put a pipe on it...the works. So whats faster? what one would be easier to mod? do you need blinkers to legally ride on the road? Thanks!

Re: Yamaha QT50 or Honda Express 2?

compared to all that paint and chrome blinkers should be nothing unless u go to the wrong place and they are about they same speed stock.

Paint will only cost me like 75$ or so, Ill be sanding and polishing all the stuff I can myself....Sorry about the double post I didnt think this one made it heare because I posted wrong.

which year is the express II? i dont trust any express with the spring starter, but if it's the later model with the kick starter, you wont find a more reliable bike. QT50s are good bikes too but the Express II is such a unique, weird looking bike...and i like hondas...so i'd have to go with it.

I believe the mopeds are 1985 and 1986, yamaha probably being the newer one, it is VERY MINT and the express just needs paint.

honda stopped making the express in 83 is it the expressII or is it the later model 2 speed express they are both different

if its an express II theres no way it's either of those years. they stopped making that model in '81.

It's a horse a piece.

The QT is lighter, has more and easier to obtain performance parts, maybe even a little faster stock.

If it's a NA Express II, then I'd say which ever one is most comfortable and you like the style of more; if it's the standard NC frame I'd go with the QT because they look so much a like.

If you really want to go stupid fast, then QT for sure due to the availability of different gear sets.

im a fan of the qt.

the seat is extremely comfortable, and its easy to trouble shoot, because its so basically stripped.

Yeah, qt's are fun, but there aint much too them. Little bikes can get out of hand real fast if its wet or slippery or down a hill etc. My QT and my FA50 have both made several attempts on my life.

changing the bars on either of those bikes is a pain, and will require much cutting and welding.. i'm a fan of both bikes, but i'd say unless the expressII is is post-1981 2-speed, get the QT50.

I own both a QT and an Express (not the Express II). They're both reliable, well built, adorable looking machines.

The QT will be easier to modify for speed, but as stated above, brakes become a problem; you can outfit either with disk brakes with some effort. You'll also end up spending a lot of money to make a fast QT.

im about to spend 200, which will put in everything but the 60cc kit.

Parts:

Holeshot clutch spring kit = 30

Power reeds = 20

Unipod airfilter = 20

Biturbo exhaust = 125

Next month ill get the 60cc head.

Ill Post up pics in a few, got the QT50, its a 85 i tihnk, i spent 4 hours cleaning carb, gas tank ( both rust in them like hell) air filter and plug....it gets up to like the powerband and boggs, holds speed at 17mph...

I have a mechanic friend me and him are porting it, maybe bore the carb? is it true there the same parts as a pw50? if so what years? where do you guys get parts for them for mods?

Only thing wrong was that bog and front light bulbs gone, i had to bend the metalk to get the headlight glass out, then bust the bulb i didnt know how to get it out, do you have to buy the whole chrome piece and bulb? where? i just ripped out the blub and kept it all trying to find something at hardware store tomarrow...

k thanks guys! im only 155 pounds :)

And how fast do they go on flat ground or whatever? just wondering...porting will prob just turn up quicker, and can i mod the stock exhaust so i dont have to buy a 150$ dirtbike exhaust? thanks.

www.peeweecycle.com

buy the holeshot spring kit, the unipod filter, and the power reeds.

then call up jemco and order a pipe, or buy a cheapy biturbo and cut/weld if you can.

yeah i can cut and weld haha, heres pics, i taped that junk flashlight on there to get home at 1 am haha....the cops onduty likes me anyways.

1216271155_dscf6490.jpg
« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account