How much would you pay for...

A 1980 puch maxi, kept inside in beautiful, mint condition. Missing the carb slide and gas cap.

Is 350 too much?

Re: How much would you pay for...

well its not mint if its missing random parts me 50 bucks most people 200

200?? really? I mean besides the slide and the gas cap its perfect. How much would you pay for a 100% pristine ped, then?

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

It's not a bargain basement price but not extravagant either. If it really is in beautiful condition it is probably worth it.

i think there are many different points of views on buying peds. If you've been collecting for awhile and got most of your peds for 50-100 bux then you wouldn't want to pay more then 150-200 and think people paying 4,5,600 are crazy. For a first time buyer, i think $350 is a fair price for a nice ped. especially PUCH! If I magically had all my peds vanish. I would probably spend up to 500 just to have a ped again. If they're asking 350 offer 300 and you'll probably get it!!

If those are the only issues and really in mint condition and low miles then yes $350 is fair. I agree w/Rob offer $300 or even start at $250.

tell me where it is.

you will see what id do lol

i think thats the right idea. I told the guy that if it was in perfect condition, i'd do 350.. but if I see any rust or anything that I can make up on the spot, I'll say 300.

I've sorta been collecting. I've got a 1978 newport that was a pile of junk as my first ped. Fixed that bad boy up (thanks, mopedarmy!) and it runs ~30mph on flat ground. I've got to admit its four stroking today, it wasn't yesterday though...weird.

I've got a really pretty 1980 puch maxi sitting upside down in my garage, need to buy some pb blaster and see if I can get it unstuck. It also needs a carb.

And I'm soon i'm getting a 2hp 1980 maxi with under 2000 miles, kept inside. Just missing those things.

Damn, this moped business is addictive. I'm a mopedophile.

That's usually the way it goes, every time I come on here and say my moped is running awesome, I'll go outside and the carb float will be stuck or something. lol

Anyhow, I think $300 is a fair price for it, but how will you test how it runs without the carb needle? If you can't test the mechanics of it, I would only offer $200. Not saying it's not worth more than that, but I think that's fair if you can't see how it runs.

I bought my Sachs for $300. I had planned on offering even less, but the thing is in really nice shape and I really wanted it. It didn't run, but I knew it was just something stupid that I could figure out because it wasn't seized, and it was.

(was something stupid, not seized) lol

haha i was scratching my head for a second there, re-reading that post.

yeah i'm pretty sure I'm just going to give the guy 300 and make him eat my dust.

i want to have a fleet of mopeds. plus, if i have another working then I can take my original moped apart and really give it a good clean/repaint.

There just isnt enough time in the day!

What is missing the throttle slide or the start slide. If the throttle slide is missing, take yours to put in it to test it. For all you know, the seals in the engine could be bad or it have a bad top end, etc.

I mean honestly, Ifn you get it home and its fucked, its not like you can't pull 300 dollars worth of parts out of a puch these days. Especially the 2hp models.

the guy told me today that i'm going to need a whole new carb. The only piece that is missing is the throttle slide, but he said hes been working with cars etc for a while and this carb he has is really corroded... apparently the person who gave it to him tried to clean the carb but never finished and ended up ruining the carb.

Everything else is 'beautiful' and the engine turns over easily.

Assuming the guy is correct, what should I try to pay for an otherwise pristine 1980 puch maxi?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account