dont see to many derbis

a couple of guys on here were telling me that this derbi is a good ped. but i dont see too many people on here with them??????????

Re: dont see to many derbis

yeah. derbis are pretty much the fastest stock peds.

derbis are amazing. fast stock. amazingly fast with just a few mods. super solid bikes, frame and suspension. parts are kind of hard to come by, though. they were very expensive when new, which might explain the fact that there arent too many of them around.

lower wacker winner.

???? explain... i new here guys, havent figured out all the linguistics just yet.

(man does that make me sound old or what)

Well, being that people who bought derbis probably new they wanted the fastest bike around probably meant they went to more aggressive riders. Meaning that they got beaten on some. Meaning most derbis are debris by now.

also not widely imported to the US i think

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

derbis are rare and awesome. They didn't bring many over, so those still out there are coveted. They are faster than all other stock mopeds (kinda) and are quite desirable.

dont see to many derbis

Jerry Franek /

My barn find Derbi, my fastest and smoothest and easiest to ride bike, I've fixed up and given to my son in Philly. An old friend bought it new for his grandkids then stored it away for 15 years. Not sexy looking like the Mobys but a good hill climber and solid ride. We had a dealer in York PA in the 70's and I wish I had a list of his customers. BJ at Handybikes has sold me some stuff for it. (anybody need the front basket off it? My kid won't allow it, looks like it ought to have a small dog carried in it. Fine shape tho.)

1216249781_p1040584.jpg

Jerry that is a cherry find, I'm drooling.

Derbi's are sweet, period. Smooth, powerful and they've got plastic gas tanks.

I went to Portland, I saw the Derbi. I respect the Derbi

I love my Derbi, it eats hills for breakfast! You sit real high up on them as well, which makes them very comfortable.

Here's where they all are!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="

&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Naked Derbi super 50cc. Love the look of this thing like nothing else.

Not a ped I know.

1216256795_gpr_nude50_present.jpg

hahaha, that video is amazing. I need to take a trip to spain in the not too distant future!

I didn't know they listened to bad religion in spain. That looks fucking awesome, but I wouldn't wreck up a nice bike like that.

I've got one sitting in my basement. Needs a couple minor parts for it, but it will run.

Silver Derbi SL.

pvtjoker is that the Derbi that was for sale on Craigslist last month for about $400?

yep

It had been sitting in a hanger at the airport in El Monte for years. It was originally purchased a few miles away at Arcadia Moped on Huntington St. in Arcadia in '79.

) CuperAWESOMO ( /

I was able to snag three (almost 4.) There are a few Derbi's in southern cali. They were used a lot on catalina island so there are still a few undiscovered gems out there.

Score of the century dude. I remember calling that guy while I was a Speedway, but you had already gotten it way earlier. Congrats!

bad religion is huge in spain, they had a theater collapse on them from overcrowding

« Go to Topic — end of thread