Columbus, OH to Offer Scooter Parking on Gay St.

Stealing the headline from Fark.com, but I guess today a "scooter lot" is opening on Gay between 3rd and High

"Parking Lot Opens for Downtown Scooters":http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2008-07-15-0034.html from NBC4i

Re: Columbus, OH to Offer Scooter Parking on Gay S

Oh, also, the Fark comments thread: http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=3737771

I expect to see the discussion changed from scooters to mopeds, with lots of sweet moped pics.

Real men ride mopeds

up.

Re: Real men ride mopeds

dammit, is the fact that it's on gay street some kind of joke?

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

Those thoughtful asshats.

- Summerai - First Ben /

lol, how bittersweet. Looks like a compromise between scooter/moped enthusiasts and scooter/moped haters. "Alright, we'll let you have your parking lot, but it looks like the only available spot is on Gay Street. Bummer."

...from the NBC4 article...

It's difficult to get an exact estimate as to how many scooters are being operated around the city, but some estimates are as high as 3,000.

"With the fuel injection engines, it should get about 100 miles per gallon under normal use," Beam said.

But there are drawbacks.

Scooters are now mixing into the flow of traffic.

_WTF is going on here?_ Looks like _someone_ on staff is a little biased and siding with scooter/moped haters.

Nah, a few lines down they have:

_"But as the price of gasoline remains high, scooters may not always be the vehicles that are "in the way."_

I think they are referring to the increase in the number of moped/scooter vs. car accidents when they said drawbacks.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account