are BOSTON people going to the scooter rally this

there will be a ride on saturday, and a contest for scooters and mopeds. there will also be a a show or two associated with it at the baseball tavern (which i am not interested in).

look it up online. i'll probably be there at one point or another. it would be fun to go with a bunch of other mopeders on the ride.

Re: are BOSTON people going to the scooter rally t

weekend. this _weekend_.

is it the one on worcester are they doing it this year

i think its the diner city scooter club or something like that

nope. interested in the vehicles. the bands? not so much...

i dont know do you think theyd let me in a mod rally like that cause i aint dressing up

you would be the star of the show i think

i do have satuday off.

~SABAT!

i been to a rally like that before it was a total dork fest

i should show up on the harley for that

when they say moped class i thnk they mean 50cc vespas and stuff. i say we do a daytime ride with the gang for once.

nah, im pretty sure they mean mopeds

yeah thats what im thinking too they say moped class cause its 50cc and registered as a moped

ya i think the scooter peeps are planning some type of moped scooter thing in september.

the mean 50cc scooter thingy.

Im sure they wouldnt beat us to death with thier cool shoes, but i dont feel invited.

i went last year and had a blast

i was the only moped on the ride and rode with my punk friend on the back of the moby and managed to keep up with the 200cc vintage scoots.

i went to the baseball tavern meetup too ... my friend dennis (my coworkers husband) plays drums for the larkin brigade ... good times ... the allstonians are great if you are into old school boston SKA ... i like their song ... 'gotta get the hell out of boston and take the b train to allston' ...

mopeds should represent this year...

maybe we should. we should wear mopedarmy shirts too

Sullivan & Sullivan,llp /

i'd go, the allstonians are a fun band to see, but i'm working a double friday to have tomorrow off, and my band is playing a show in ashland on saturday

id go but my mobys dead

il see if i can get the loazer running right

The allstonians do in fact rock. My band opened for em years ago.

ok well go only if we can give them the impression that we're psychos.

if i get my lazer going good il go

I didn't even think Muck and the Mires were still around. The Allstonians have been around for ages.

We did show up at the Boston Stranglers scooter event one year but this one is a little different. I probably will not be able to attend as we have family plans this weekend. But I am sure they mean 50cc scooters and not mopeds. They would never turn away mopeds though. I say go and represent....so they know we are around..

i just realized the baseball tavern is a block from my apartment, i'll def swing by that to see if there are any vintage scooters parked in the vicinity. not sure about the saturday thing. if other people go, and marley is working correctly, i think i'm game.

Bugger...I'm visiting my folks, so I'm outie.

and Im too old and crippled

Most Scooter clubs are totally stoked on the Moped Army. You guys should go and represent. The scooter scene used to be vintage and cool like mopeds. Not so much anymore, so the vintage scooter guys will appreciate your love for old school mopeds.

I'm out this weekend. Goin to this

http://www.greyfoxbluegrass.com/general/home.php

Scooter guys know the difference between Mopeds and Scooters, so you can trust that they won't be calling 50cc scooters a moped. On the other hand, it says Moped Class, so that probably includes anything that is classified as a moped in Boston. Either way, every 50cc scooter there will be new, plastic and ugly, so your vintage peds will win for sure.

also, i concur that they will welcome the mopeds; i briefly dated a boston strangler and he always told me mopeds were more than welcome at the scooter events, especially vintage ones.

They are very welcoming. We had a very welcoming e-mail from one of the Stranglers last year telling us to come on down and hang..

Ha! Joe from the Larkin Brigade played fiddle on my band's last album. He is one cool hombre.

ps. i'm pumped to ride today. I might bring donuts.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account