Tomos mpg

Just got gas. For the first time I actually tried to calculate the mileage that I got. With a 65cc Airsal and a Biturbo, I was able to rack up 240 km on the odometer between fillups. Converting it to American that would be about 144.5 miles. I put in 1.1 gallons. That means I got about 130 miles per gallon. Does this sound reasonable? I thought with the bigger engine I would get in the 80s somewhere. Curious what you other mopeders get. I tend to ride at about 1/2 to 2/3 throttle. Most of the trips were on flat ground at around 30-35 miles per hour. I also took a bunch of long trips 30-40 miles round trip to work on nice days.

Let me know what you get. It sure beats the 27-30 I get in my Scion tC.

Re: Tomos mpg

Im not sure on mpg but I can ride my tomos all week with out haveing to full up.

The best I've been able to get out of a stock Tomos A35 is around 85 mpg, that is riding wide open throttle 90% of the time. Peace, Jerry.

i think changing your gearing and kitting it, along with running the stock carb, makes your ped more efficient.

depends on how you ride, but mostly on the carb.

my gila monster drinks gas like nothing...

i love my tomos ,it get the best gas mileage of all my peds

I think about 95 Is what I usually get on my non-kitted tomos's.I have had it all over before though, like into the 70's and above the 100's. Its mostly on how you ride it. I could totally see low 100's at 1/2 throttle.

Stock gearing. Just a kit, pipe and upjet.

Tomos mpg

On my new LX, I started keeping track of my gas purchases at ~800 km. I'm now at 2300 km and have averaged 107 mpg over that interval. Stock gearing, stock airbox opened up (removed snorkel, reamed out rubber grommet, drilled holes in far end of box), stock exhaust drilled through with a 3/8" x 12" drill. I run at full throttle most of the time.

changing the jet engine exhuast and everything wont make a difference if your only going 1/2 throttle.

with WOT i get 80-90 mpg thats with 22 tooth and a tecnigas and its WOT like 90-95% of the time. if i was going 1/2 throttle im sure i could get 130-140

just depends how much gas is being used on making it drive

I never had a Tomos, but my Pa-50II gets about 80-90 mpg and I way outwiegh my wiegt limit on this bike, I ride wot 90% of the time, my Motobecane will turn in about the same unles I ride 2 up.

I ride 1/2 to 2/3 throttle because that gets me at 35-40 mph. Full throttle I could go 45+ but why? It would more than likely just get me pulled over.

I guess 130 is reasonably in reach then.

Impressive. I want a Tomos like nobody's bidness.

For now my TFR will be ridden until it fails in a serious way. I get 100 consistently, within 5 mpg, and have for 3100 miles. WOT 90-95% of the time (you HAVE to), stock, me and my crap on it. Of course I ride longer rides without many starts and stops mostly.

Does taking of the snorkel and basically fucking with the airbox do anything for you? My tomos seems to be running fine, I would hate to lean it out and seize it/fuck up my mixture.

« Go to Topic — end of thread