Motobecane Motor identification

How do you tell one motor to the next? I have a motor the works burt i think the carb is to big. What tells the motor size? 20 25 30 mph?

1216076481_img_0002.jpg

Re: Motobecane Motor identification

oh dont worry about that! just send them all to me and i'll sort them out for you!

seriously though, an easy indication is the amout of material on the top of the cylinder, and the exhaust port size. if there's noticeably more material on top of the cylinder where it meets the head, chances are its a slow cylinder. if the exhaust port height is less than 12mm, its probably a slow cylinder.

if all that stuff is yours and its taking up too much room i'd gladly relieve you of some of it.

Na i think i have a bike for all of those.

I picked up most of those engines in ohio.

then they're probably slow.

and you've really got 13 motobecane frames kicking around just begging for an engine?

Maybe! Havent ever counted. Check out this homemade engine stand!

ha ha, nice. sell me a "G" piston with rings will ya?

(a "G" is stamped on a "G" piston)

I stripped down most of the bikes to save room.

1216080057_img_0018.jpg

according to that photo you will have 7 engines left over. 6 if you sell one to me at a price i cant refuse...

How do i get a u-tube movie on attachments.

I had some standing

1216081325_img_0016.jpg

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

Whatever engine came off of that blue frame that was stripped down will be fast. That is a Motobecane Romp. That engine will have a high compression head, which should make it easier to id.

Jake Shaughnessy /

so your a moby guy and dont even no this simple shit?

well im just learnig i dont worrie about motobebroken ones because mine runs fine.

1216126930_img_0003.jpg

Im going to get this one running i never heard of romp!!

1216127469_mottobecane_romp.jpg

damn I wish you were closer. im looking for a rigid frame.

I can tell you those are all 197x-198x av7's. Some variated, some dimoby. Put those engines on bikes and have a decent fleet, they don't do any good stacked up on a shelf!

I still dont understand." an easy indication is the amout of material on the top of the cylinder, and the exhaust port size. if there’s noticeably more material on top of the cylinder where it meets the head, chances are its a slow cylinder. if the exhaust port height is less than 12mm, its probably a slow cylinder." are talking about how the head is formed, that the larger engines have better head molds.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account