Value of Sachs

Alright, here's a little background.

Recently there has been a lot of theft in my area, mainly attributed to one person who was a regular user of moped army.

The other day some neighbors of mine left for a day and returned home to discover two mopeds were stolen from their house. One was an '82 Honda PA50, pretty replaceable. The other one was a Sachs Balboa. This thing was carefully restored to stock spec. It was basically mint.

What we're wonderring is how much the Sachs is worth in its previous condition. I'll take a pic of it later, but all i know so far is that the entire thing was spray painted black. :[

Thanks!

Re: Value of Sachs

this post confuses me.

Not sure exactly, but not too long ago on Ebay an M-3 and M-4 (which I believe are just euro Balboas) sold for close to $1600 in Philadelphia, and they were pretty close to mint.

OK so, there is a thief that hangs out here who you failed to name, which you should, and you need to know the vqalue for what? Reparations? Insurance? Knowing how badly to mutilate this dickless cocksucker? We need more info.

Someone stole it and sprayed it black? Thats fucked up.

I think you need to explain post some more.... If youre looking for a stolen sachs that looks pretty stock. There is a blue one on CL now that some one is trying to sell in your general area.

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

I agree with Mick... saying you know who it was and yet still not saying only makes you seem suspicious.

how is any of that suspicious?

that boy best stay up north because there is some cranks that got it in for him too.

I just think if there is a thief in our midst we should know who he is. Unless you don't want to tip your hand, or something like that.

do the cranks know this guy? i'll give you a hint, he drives a hopped up qt50. i didn't wanna mention his name incase he comes on.

so far there's no real connection between this and the other thefts.

here's before

here's after.

sooo.... any guesses on how much this is worth?

Each X looks the same to me.

Soapscum is our thief!

Or the butler

Is this kid the one who always has like 200-300 dollar nopeds/mopeds for sale up in appleton? Post those pics again, they was a busted.

Value of Sachs

I hope you guys got your bikes back. I warned you about him. Like I said, met him last winter and it cost me money somehow(no money for gas or food, shit missing, broken shit, etc.) every fucking time that guy was around. I cut my ties with him.

Was that Sachs nicer than Elliot's old bike? I am betting it would be in the $600-750 range, maybe more.

that's before

here's the pa50

here's the balboa

soo i'll clarify. these were stolen, then they were recovered soon after. they've been wrecked pretty much. i counted quite a bit of dollars worth of damage on the honda, it was obviously wiped out pretty hard, pedals are bent, but not just on the crank arms, that whole main shaft is bent, the plastic footrests are destroyed. the forks on the sachs are bent and it looks like the exhaust was almost ripped off.

my opinion is that these were stolen by somebody familiar with the family and familiar with mopeds. they were locked up in a garage. there weren't keys in the pa50, but it was hotwired. it's not easy to figure out how to start a sachs.

soooo.... the owners are looking at reparations because homeowners insurance doesn't cover them and neither did the insurance on the peds.

im not trying to sell them. was that not obvious?

Lame... I still dont totally get the black paint deal... If your going to steal a moped, joy ride it and beat the living shit out of it why paint it black? But why would anyone do any of that. Some one owes them a bundle of money, that sachs looked really nice in the before picture, even the chrome was still shiny, honda didn't look to bad either. Damn

So whos the moped thief we have to watch out for? Im not understanding the talking in code thats going on..

lawsuit?

WOW. That's a real shame about those mopeds, esp. the Sachs, it was in gorgeous shape.

I tried to grab that old Ebay auction for an example of price for insurance value / lawsuit, but it looks like it's too old now and Ebay has removed it. Maybe someone will have better luck than me, it was in Philly, a red and blue one, sold for between $1500-$1600, so about $750-$800 each.

If it's such a shitty rattle can job, maybe some very light paint stripper can begin to remove it? Or I guess start over and have it repowercoated, you can still get those sachs tank stickers now and then on Ebay.

That seriously pisses me off. What a piece of shit.Fucking thieves. Please tell me this piece of waste is going to do some jail time.

I would try mineral spirits on the black paint. Something not as strong as stripper. Heck, you gould probably buff that black off with some compound and a lot of time.

- Summerai - First Ben /

ok, that is awful. That sachs was in prime condition. You can't post those pics up and then not tell us who you think did it. If people in Milwaukee _and_ Appleton have had issues with someone stealing their bikes then I'd like to know because he could easily move North.

okay okay okay. we think matt peronto took them from the house, but we don't know who painted them, it looks like they switched hands a few times.

btw, they sanded the original paint before they rattle canned it. spraypaint comes off with gas.

Shit...that sux.

THis ever get straightened out?

« Go to Topic — end of thread