urban express muffler options

just got 82 nu50m, muffler clogged, top speed 20ish. roasting to clean not an option as i live in the city. tried carb cleaner, no help, so i ordered replacement for $102 last night from bike bandit, got msg today it has been discontinued. cmsnl.com has a few different ones listed, im not sure what the difference is?

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-nu50m-urban-express-deluxe-1982-us_model1092/partslist/F++12.html

they want $179 plus shipping. before i spend that much, are there any performance pipes that will work? someone on here was making some, but those posts are about 2 years old.

thanks

Re: urban express muffler options

I was, and am still making express exhausts, let me know if you want one.

There might be some PA50 exhaust coming out here soon, but those you'll need to loose the kick-stand.

1216069919_express_exhausts.jpg

how much are you asking for the express exhausts? are they stockish or do they give a hop up?

$150 -$225 depending on the pipe style you choose and if you provide the header or not.

I have one used one for the NC's that's $110 shipped, but it won't fit on the NU.

Tate - They all give you an increase in performance, some are better for low/mid range others are better for top-end; on the NU's I prefer the top-end pipes because trans makes up for the decrease in low-end.

very interested. cost? boost? are they bolt on & go, or do i need different air filter, carb, to bypass oil injector, ect? i think i emailed your aol addy about this and finding 14 x 2.75 (non cheng shin) tire.

thanks

AOL is blocked @ work, try dere(dot)stahl(at)williams(dot) com.

They are bolt on, but I recommend using a uni-pod filter, and up-jetting accordingly. I also always run-premix, I just like knowing that I have the right mix at all times.

Sadly the 14-2.75 I have are Chengs, but really they aren't that bad, better then most Chengs.

All right, well thats a little spendy, but once I get everything else squared away on this bike, I might get in contact with you.

It's actually not that much, figure you need to cut up a good express exhaust for the header/clamp ($25-$50), you need a good expansion chamber ($40-$120) and it takes me at least 3-4 hours to do (I charge $40 and hour to work on bikes, so that's another $120-$160) and then another $5-$10 for hardware/supplies and steal. So lets think about it on the cheap end of all of those 25+40+120+5=$190.

Oh no, you got me all wrong, thats a great price for a hand made perf pipe. I just don't have that kind of money to spend right now. Once the students come back and I start making some money again, I think I will have to take you up.

just tried that addy, got Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

heres copy:

hi,

so im interested in a pipe, not looking for super speed increase (a little wouldnt hurt), just something safe/reliable for 7 mile round trip commute/ride for fun. what model unipod, exactly how to upjet, would i have to disconnect oil tank parts? can you make one that mounts on existing fender support? do you have more pics/options? for payment, do you have a paypal acct, something else? is my muffler with carb cleaner in it safe to use in the meantime?

lets make a deal,

chris

are you sure you don't have an Iowa Express? topspeed on those is 20mph.

yeah, i checked serial before i got it, a motorcycle mech said my pipe is almost totally clogged.

soak it in a bucket of sea foam or something. Grill cleaner? Maybe a boat shop can sonic scrub it for you, I don't know about that last one though.

Camping trip with big fire?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account