Madison dudes

-Unholysmokers - Chad Ferguson /

Hey dudes, I live in Madison now! I live on the southside, off of 151. 10 minutes or so from down town.

I am going to be stupid busy painting/cleaning/unpacking and most importantly finding a job this next week but after that I should have my Batavus running and would love to go on rides/hang out or whatever.

I need to see some of this town and meet people!

Re: Madison dudes

Dude, welcome. I don't work tamary so I'm gonna be working on my new urban express all day, if you want to come check out the shop, and by shop I mean my mothers garage. wrenching/storage space downtown is a bitch to find so I moved back in here for the summer.

Unfortunately dont have working ped right now, Moby should be up and running again soon. Will have to go ride.

Sweet, dudes. I am pretty excited that I am finally here....it sucks that I don't have my Batavus going right now because it would be awesome to cruise around. All I need to do is replace the left brake lever, get a new tube in the rear tire, and flip my float around and it should be good to go.

Who was that other Madison moped guy that is into sailing? I can't remember.

Mick, maybe we can get together sometime this weekend or something? I have too much crap to do today.

dan fink

pojodojo is the username.

c'mon madison, get yer shit together

Yeah, there are a couple other guys I ride with too. As far as tubes, what does a bat use? I have an extra tube I got for one of my tomos's laying around I don't need. I think its 16X2.5? Anyway, make sure once you go talk to Randy at scooter therapy. He has the hook up on day to day ped parts around here, and he is THEE master of "matching something up for you" i.e. making something totally different work for the needed application.

Oh yeah, and hippy christmas is coming up, so I am going to hit up all the land lords and there offices and tell them if they need any scooters or peds removed from there property that I could do it for them. Mike just found an abandoned tomos sitting in an alley by his place and got it with a title for 100 bucks. I'm thinking of just collecting sprees and razz's and zuma's, as many as I can get my hands on. Mark my words, starting the week of august 20'th and continuing for about 2 weeks, you will be finding scooters on the curb.

Sweet, yeah that tomos was a good grab, mikes got a bunch of them now.

As of 2 minutes ago I now have one "running" moped. The moby is still in need of help, but got the jawa back together after a little clean up. I put a used dellorto 14.12 SHA on it which was better than what it had, made a new fitting to use the stock intake and put new intake and exhaust gaskets. Now it idles well but it still lacks any power, max speed right now is probably under 15 mph. I a 53 jet in it now, never played with a dellorto before, maybe needs a bigger jet... runs better with choke off than with it on though.

meh, hopefully get moby back to her 30mph goodness tomorrow.

Yeah, that Jawa "bing" was probably the goofiest looking carb I ever laid eyes on. My black tomos just blew ANOTHER headlight. Its like, If I want to go fast I have to turn my headlight off, and with my headlight off I don't want to go fast. I'm gonna go look into some higher wattage bulbs and see what I can jimmy jig. I also found this cool case to go around my jimmy jigged stepdown/shutoff/filter/fuelline that I have on my g3 that almost looks like it belongs there. Before it was just hanging in space waiting for some toddler to yank it out in front of best buy or something, now its encased and protected from the elements.

Yeah, Im not sure whats still wrong with the jawa. Currently Im thinking maybe theres a leak around the decompresion valve? My moby keeps blowing taillight bulbs, I think I am going to wire in a voltage regulator from radio shack the next time I get it running. If the tomos is 12v you can probably do the same thing. I think theyre cheap. I will give you the part number when I figure it out.

Yeah, I was thinking either that or wire a siren in where my turn signal wires come out, as I have removed them, and when I'm going to be doing High RPM flip it on and drain off some of the excess power, and have an awesome siren or yellow gumball emergency rotating light. Harbor freight is having a MAD sale. I bought a bunch of shit for way cheap. Check it, they even have that light I speak of.

yeah it would be kinda like a stuka dive bomber (they had air sirens under the wings to intimidate people when they went into a dive), so when you hit high speed all of a sudden you start wailing out, that could be sweet although the po-po may get you.

Harbor Freight's sales are amazing.

I saw some dude ride by my house on what looked like a tomos with a pipe on it but I couldn't tell. Any of you dudes ride on Williamsburg Way tonight?

mick has a blacked out tomos targa lx with a biturbo on it, mike also just got the same ped but I dont think that one works yet. Theres also a guy with a either a dark blue or purple sprint that rides by my house every once in a while.

So do we want to try to organize a ride this week? All i need is to borrow a second ratchet and a bottle of spray carb cleaner and I should have moby rolling again. Worst case may need new NAPA belt.

Randy at scooter therapy saved my ass by grinding this f@#ked up thread of the end of my drive shaft.

Yeah dude, I road down williamsburg like an hour or two ago. Thats my hood as of now.

Mike RustBeltCycleParts /

Pat, I should be free tomorrow to come over with a ratchet and carb cleaner and we should be able to get the Moby going. Fergy, I have a tomos bullet that you can ride until you get the batavus going, glad to hear you're in Madison. I'd like to get a ride going soon.

I think bob is going to grab me a belt so dont worry about that part. I hope one of these things solves the problem cuz even with a good cleaning its still up to its old shenanigans.

Hey mike, I put some dexron mercon III and a little lucas gear oil and some crazy expensive atf additive at car quest and that weird clutch issue on my LX is all but gone. Its funny that all those fluids cost more than the clutch probably would have. I was riding my puch a minute ago and I rolled it down the drive way to start it, had to give it a lot of gas, and when I got to the bottom of the hill it died and was dumping gas like a lot. Looks like I have to take the bing apart again.

yeah once you get one ped running well the other has to break. Its a rule.

Yeah, I managed to have like three bikes have semi crippling little things go wrong in the past day or so. Problem is I have to work for like three days straight like 10 hour days so they are just going to have to languish neglected and forlorn like, "don't you love me anymore?" til like saturdayish.

Motorped, that would be awesome. I would love to ride with you guys.

MadtownMick, you should stop by! I live at 5312, like 3 houses from the PDQ. I should be out fixing up my girlfriends bike and trying to change my tire tomorrow and until I find a job I will be around most of the time.

I am pumped to ride around town, there are tons of places I want to ride.

Yeah dude, you live walking distance from my moms house. If you get the itch to ride you should walk up here and borrow one of my bikes and we can ride. I deliver food for a living so my Madison navigational skills are second to none. My name is Tate and you can call me at 513-2445. I live pretty much where williamsburg way meets up with prairie road, like 4 blocks from that PDQ.

Nice. I will give you a call sometime today or tomorrow.

Who do you deliver for?

« Go to Topic — end of thread