Re: i just bought my dream moped

Ike, I really Apreciate this comment, and would like to second it. This bike is rare, and should hence be kept as original as possible. Actually, forget the as possible part. This bike needs to be exaclty as it came off the show room.

that bike is a damn work of art

wait wait! that bike is variated?

what motor does it have? shouldint it be a one speed?

~SABAT!

wow u r so lucky mine won't even start :( and it ran yesterday :S

yep av88 engine, variated. its going to be so awesome when it runs, and hopefully more powerful than my newer moby.

how fast

those olders ped's are they faster or slower than ped's from the 70's. If I were to guess I would say faster because they predate noise and polution controls

Re: how fast

yeah, im hoping it turns out to be less restricted. i have noticed that the exhaust seems a little longer than most ive seen.

also, ive now totally demolished my non-existent fy 2008 budget for unnecessary expenditures.

yeah thats the moby i want right there

I think you will be doing 45 stock, I think they have huge carbs and are not as restricted. could be wrong though.

there is a top-tank like that one of bry's in a junkyard near minneapolis, if anybody feels like rescuing it.

pretty rough shape and all. no engine.

Beautiful!

ben came over today, and we had another look at it. it gets 150psi, running cold on the compression tester, which was surprising. the engine bearings are great, as it rolls incredibly smoothly. the rear light is working strongly when pedaling, but the spark is really, really weak. im going to try to replace the ground wire, which is terrible, and see what ive got.

ok. ive got spark. headlight's as bright as a lighthouse. compressions is reading at 150psi (i know, right?), new throttle cables, new dell'orto 15/15, fuel is flowing nicely, engine turns over easily, no weird noises . . . it feels like it should feel. BUT IT WONT START. any ideas?

did you try replacing the muffler belt?

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

Oh man Jay, that is SO pretty. Such an awesome find! You enjoy that bike now.

fuck am i jealous...i love the color too!

ITS RUNS IT RUNS IT RUNS

i swapped out the ignition coil from my 79 50v and it fired right up. i need to mod the throttle since i put the dell'orto on, and it needs to get a full tune-up as it was rolling pretty slow, but it also had a flat rear tire and the engine hadnt been fired up in a good 20 years. but i got it to run and rode it around the block, and it even idled. rode smooth as glass. so excited.

Awesome.

wanna lend me 400 bucks so i can get my dream moped?

Congrats man.

That thing is freaking beautiful, truly a site for the eyes.

Cheers.

yes! the 18" wheels have sealed bearings!

Where's the junkyard near Minneapolis? I'm in Minneapolis and have a '61 I'm restoring.

i got it running, but so far its super slow, which is annoying, as this one should be super fast. not sure what the deal is. . .

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account