i just bought my dream moped

1962 montgomery ward "riverside" motobecane. needs some work, but not much, considering its age. california bike - almost no rust. i am beside myself.

will post pics later.

Re: i just bought my dream moped

has some minor structural things to work out - the seat mount, for instance, as well as the fact that the gas tank isnt threaded. the cap is just a plug, the the rubber has shrunk, so i have to figure out a way of making it fir more. which is annoying.

p.s. 460-mile round trip today to pick it up. but who cares?

damn pretty

That is a sweet ride. Peace, Jerry.

i have to clean out the tank so i can sleep next to this in bed tonight.

dude. gasm.

it even comes with legs! lol

Beautiful

wowww

That is my top desired moped too, especially that color! What a beautiful machine!

You are telling me,you would rather have that then a Puch Limited Edition. I would rather have a Puch Limited Edition that was out in the weather ever since it was made than that. I will agree ,it is beautiful to look at.

Who else expected to see a brown Magnum? Way to have a real dream, man. That's awesome.

You are telling me,you would rather have that then a Puch Limited Edition. I would rather have a Puch Limited Edition that was out in the weather ever since it was made than that.

wow, you mean to tell me that different people have, like, their own opinions and stuff?

i do appreciate the insult to my sense of taste, though!

oh wait, i hear a little baby outside. do you wanna maybe come by and punch it in the face, or exercise your apparent mean-spiritedness in some other way? maybe we could kick a small dog together or something. call me any time!

Bruce Edwards /

OK, finally, a ped I really like. That's beautiful. I'd make some minor changes but that's just the "Chip Foose" in me.

I also posted that your dream moped was beautiful to look at, so as to not be taken in a bad way.

bruce - out of curiosity, what would you change? aside from the switching out the gurtner for a dellorto, and finding another side panel, im planning on keeping it exactly as is, but i'd be interested to hear your take.

Doppler Pipe, AV10 with a water cooled kit, drop bars, blinky valve stem caps!

Just kidding. That ped should look stock because it is awesome!

what a beauty!!!

where did you find it and may we ask how much?

Sullivan & Sullivan,llp /

i hope we'll get to see that on a ride soon!!

about 45 miles north of albany. it was not a bargain, but i think it was fairly priced for a complete, apparently working, 1962 motobecane: $550. luckily ive been searching all the local mini-craigslists, and thats how i found it. it was listed in the "abany" craigslist page for a while before i got it.

it looks so awesome both with and without the leg guards, im having a hard time deciding how to set it up. i suppose i should actually get it running first, though, before worrying about cosmetics.

Great score - I love it. One in lesser condition was on eBay last December in Iowa - I wanted it, but I'll give you $600 for yours!

Congrats!

awesome bike! keep the leg guards!

Thats beautiful.

LOL the brown magnum comment.

ill give ya a brown magnum for that haha.

That is one sexy bike.

Remember boston folk, ive got a 3 space motorcycle trailer and you and use it if your not stupid.

beats putting bikes in the car.

Just sayin

Cheers on the good aqusition

i think 550 is a bargain for such a beautiful bike

someone is trying to sell one for 900 here.

New gas caps are easy to find. Check the big online moped stores. Measure the ID of the filler neck an they can vary.

Mine was 40mm.

an unthreaded one? this one is just basically a plug (cap with rubber under it).

a lot of mopeds have unthreaded caps. i had a janky foxi with one and the Peugeot 103 i just got for free has one.

ho leeeeeee shit.

I love the color! I think you got a good deal too, expecially considering it has nice leg shields and everything seems to be there. I only wish mine was that nice. I've located 18" Hutchinson white walls in France, they'd look great on that bike.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account