OT-Garage flooring choices, anyone ever use...

Chris Hernandez /

So I'm doing a remodeling project on my garage. Im putting in new drywall to replace the old one with holes, repainting and I want to redo the floor. I have seen the roll on garage floor paint and the garage floor tiles. Does anyone have any experience with these products. Also, which one is more cost effective?.

Re: OT-Garage flooring choices, anyone ever use...

I got concrete paint at BigLots for about $11/gal. I did my front porch and garage with 2 gallons. It's done well for the last 3 years.

Uncle Samson /

yeah just a paint designed for it will work really well. and the sealant will help prevent stains. :) good luck

I saw a TV show where they did a floor. The first coat went down a little time to dry then the specks got sprinkled down and at last the top coat went down. It was a kit prob. Lowes or the depot. you can buy a cleaner I think its liquid and removes all dirt oil and grease. the prep is important. I think paint or epoxy is better than tile any day. Unless you are going for a black and white checker flag look then put on several coats of wax ..... picks of the shop when you are done............

im not the biggest fan of the paint... although i have only used the oil based concrete stuff... there might be better.. now the epoxy floor stuff is AMAZING... seems like its impervious to everything.

I did my garage floor with two-part paint a few years ago, after fairly exhaustive cleaning. A Michigan winter with dripping salt water did it in. I bought a new two-art expoxy at Costco a couple weeks ago, but after reading the prep directions I realize I'll have the same issue. If you have old concrete and winter salt I don't think anything will hold.

A buddy put in the b&w plastic tile, can't say I like it.

I'd love to do the epoxy again - might do it next spring since we're selling the house and it looks awesome when it's new.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account