Insurance in Kentucky?

Any Kentuckians on here have insurance? Who do you go through? What does it cost you? I know it's not mandatory, but if it is super cheap I would be interested. I tried doing some searching online, but with very limited success.

Re: Insurance in Kentucky?

I don't know anybody local who has insurance. if your dead set on getting some, you'll probably have to call an agent. I'm sure they can write a policy, but it's probably not something you're going to find on the internet. no idea what it would cost though.

Yeah, what Zack said. Call an agent. I'd say it'd be cheap-ish, but not sure how to go about it since mopeds aren't registered. Tried looking into homeowner / renter's insurance? If your ped can't be registered as a 'vehicle', might be able to cover it through one of those and would be a lot cheaper I would think.

Thanks Gentlemen, I will mosey over to state farm tomorrow. I am not really worried about my moped getting stolen (I use a thick chain/masterlock on one wheel and a kryptonite ulock on the other.) I am more concerned about some car riding up crazy, crashing and me getting the blame and bills for it. I ride my ped twice daily across the 2nd street bridge during busy hours, so any extra protection besides a helmet and cautious driving is a plus. If anyone is curious I can post what it costs.

I ride over the 2nd street bridge as well. I understand wanting to be protected. We should ride sometime... you in Jeff?

That'd be good info. Post it if you get it.

I live in Old Louisville and ride to New Albany for work. I'm down for a ride! Just email me. Also, I will post some quotes when I get them.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account