most expensive break down

what do you guys think is the most expensive break down you can have while riding. im thinkin like an over heat and boom goes the piston..

Re: most expensive break down

i would say compound fracture of multiple limbs.

haha im talkin about the ped..

yeah i know, sorry. I just wanted to turn another General Forum discussion into a healthcare argument.

I'd say the formula for expensive breakdown would be to figure out what the hardest to find part is for your bike, then figure out how that could get destroyed by malfunction. for me it'd probably be hitting a curb and destroying my wheels, or just ruining my frame. Other folks though, it'd probably be seizing a fancy kit, and sliding to crush a performance pipe.

yeah or maybe missmixing oil/gas. and not putting enough oil in and totally fucking over ur cylinder and piston

I dont get how slideing on your side will crash your performance pipe but then you never know.

Breaking my Grande in half with the weight of all that awesome.

If you drop the bike on the exhaust side you could very easily dent it or crush it.

i'll post pics of my very expensive breakdown at brobq a little

later. you probably cant top this.

yeah. i think your entire ped being engulfed in flames would be a pretty expensive break down.

Cylinders and pistons are replaceable folding my rigid frame or denting a 5 star would suck.

Mike wins hands down!!!!!!!!!!! most epic crash.

Seriously.

Peter took this shot on Lake Shore Drive today at BROBQV.

Snapping the crank on a Hobbit engine caused from too much juice! Tough enough to just getting to the carb as it is, then trying to get the engine out and split the case with tools....from where? A job I wish I'll never have to do.

no i think msot exspansive would be getting hit by some bitch in an SUV and the cops claiming it to be your fualt making your insurance sky rocket as well as having to pay for that bitches car and then to top it off she sues you for X amount of money.

why does it gotta be a bitch?

blowing up your whole engine and it messing up part of the frame

the sheer improbability of it all though....

i would guess the piston detonating blasting apart the crank, sending bits of metal into the still spinning transmission area,meanwhile the head is sent off the front and into the front rim... but the possibility of that would be unlikely, unless you "accidentally" put some ethanol top dragster fuel into your ped...

What the hell happened on LSD? That's waht you get for driving on acid.

"i took a dive on lake shore drive"-brobq '08

the worse thing that can actual happen is. u hard seize messing up your cylinder and piston (maybe your crank 2), your back wheel locks up and u r going fast enuf for the road to eat up your tire and some of your wheel. then u lay it down and u get a hole in your exhaust, maybe also snapping your frame. thats pretty much the worst thing i can think of thats possible

lol ur bike catches on fire... hahaha this is the 2nd occurrence of that happening i've heard of lol.

yeah seize hard and crash busting up the motor and the frame/[pipe watever else.

honestly the seize hard then crash scenario is quite common.

the bike catching on fire scenario is quite hilarious

yeah draggin a twisted burning moped off of a highway with a dislocated shoulder was pretty funny. i laughed a little myself.

sry dude, ur circumstances are a bit different than the last guy who's bike caught on fire.. u crashed hard then caught on fire.. that sux i hope ur not to hurt, shit happens.

Jordan caught on fire then crashed (at like 20mph) as you can imagine was quite hilarious to witness.

it's cool, i really did laugh about it at the hospital.

mike

Mike, that was a horrifying crash. I'm glad to hear that you are ok and that you remember the event as you looked really out of it on adrenalin. Your moped will rise again like the noble phoenix. Trial by fire, even is a very pricey fire!

« Go to Topic — end of thread