News Flash: Brobbq Breakfast Mafia Down in Blaze

Edward Richardson /

Just off the wires: Chicago: Maligutti Mike goes down at high speed, bike in flames, rider rashed and at Hospital. Our thoughts and prayers are with him.

Re: News Flash: Brobbq Breakfast Mafia Down in Bla

happened right in front of me. i was the first on the scene. "put the bike down its on fire!"

can i ask what happend?

60+ gilardoni, got the speed wobbles and laid it down.

sparks, gasoline, fire.

UPDATE!!!!!

Damn I hope he is ok.

60+ speed wobbles, it happens to the best of us

Would you reuse a motor and kit and all after it going thought a fire or just get a new one.

Edward Richardson /

If the fire gets hot enough it causes the metal to fatigue and corrode to the point it will powder in your hand.

Wow! I hope he is okay! Burns are way worse than road rash!

I'll pray for him.

I was running in the front pack of the slowpeds and it looked so much more intense than the picture portrays, oh and the fire dept. showed up twenty minutes after we put fire out with bottled water and apple juice

What asses.

Jesus what is this the year of accident/injury?? I really hope he's ok.

This just in from Mike...

No broken Bones! he has some tendon damage and a bunch of road rash... but for the most part it sounds like he is going to be ok.. He was way lucky.. Full Face helmet saves the day again... Kids, put those lids on and protect your melons...

I talked to him a few hours ago....he is going to be alright:) When he gets back to KC I'm throwing twinkies at him.

hey chris thank you for watching out for him!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="

&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

thats the video of me driving up to blaze...

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Holy fuck man. I just rode with him on that bike the other day...but I was all stock and he didn't open it up. I hope he heals and rebuilds quickly! I'm kitting my magnum for KC just the way he suggested, and I was hoping to ride with him. Bah!

I wasnt with the pack for when he went down, but I saw the bike afterwards, its really scary.

Its amazing he didnt break any bones.

The whole front end is cooked black, and the air filter and carb are fried.

However, the exhaust is still mint, and the bottom end and drive looked good.

The best part of all is that he got up from it.

thanks for all the support guys, i just got back from the hospital with minor injuries. I went down at 62 mph. I front tire caugth the seam between lanes during a lane change and it started wobbling from there, couldn't bring it you. My face hit first, then my shoulder. my helmet and my fifty ppund toolbox of a backpack probably saved my life. WEAR YOUR DAMN HELMETS!

Oh, and the gas leak had nothing to do with the fire. the 60mph lay down probably did more.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Damn thats crazy! Good thing you made out mostly alright. I went down at 30 and that sucked. I can't imagine 60.

Burning moped. Fucking crazy.

glad to hear you are ok! heal fast and well.

well, whatever caused the fire, we're glad your A-ok! I was confused when driving up to the fire though...I didn't understand why the bbq was on the side of lsd!

I am still going to throw twinkies at you. I am glad you are ok!

Man, I am seriously glad to hear you are ok. As tragic as the whole thing is, I can not think of a more epic way to crash your moped than to lay it over at 60+mph, have it burst asunder, and then be able to walk away while people snap pictures/video. So glad you are OK but legendary crash.

so crazy. especially the video. Glad to hear he is allright.

sir thaddeusforemen /

whoaaa. i don't know what looks worser, the pics of the ped, or the ped in real life.