Re: 7/20 Los Angeles Ride Venice beach & outdo

Chris Hernandez /

We'll do other beach rides. I'll email you again

i'm convinced that moped shit only happens while i'm at work.

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

Aris, hope you come out! Feist is awesome in concert though. I saw her last time around at the Gibson. I can't blame you if you miss the movie for that.

damaged48@hotmail.com

Chris Hernandez /

I'm cutting it close, the maxi might not be done

Re: damaged48@hotmail.com

loaner!!

off topic

Charlie Mittens /

All this bowl talk reminds me, would anyone be interested in a bowl ride for the Nick Cave, Cat Power, Spiritualized show? It's not 'till September. I love shows at the bowl but parking is always such a drag!

Re: off topic

totally interested. Cat Power! Spiritulized! its over. So freaking over.

Chris Hernandez /

Dude, it's on. My maxi is running, 65cc metra

Chris Hernandez /

hey man come meet us after the movie

Then what the hell. Let's ride.

Chris Hernandez /

Thanks to all you guys for coming. It's been a long day, i'm going to bed

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

yesterday was a hell of a lot of fun. Thanks to all who came out! I hope to see and ride with you all again soon. I'm going to post my pics on here after work. You guys should post yours up too.

Yes! the ride was alot of fun. Marvin and I had to go back to Corona that night too. Rode home all the way till 4 in the morning. Super Cold. Must've ridden at least 200 miles that day!!

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

Holy shit! 4am and 200 miles? sheeeet.

My Heros!!!

The reason Dan and Marvin did an extra 30 miles was to ride me home. My electricle took a shit, and I lost all lights before we even go to LAX. These two true friends convoyed me home from L.A. all the way down PCH to Newport Beach, that's about 40 miles. As soon as I got home I looked at the miles I rode, and realized you guys had anothe 25 30 to go. Dan; you are very close to a 200 mile ride day. I can't belive we didn't get pinched, mamed, or killed. I am very grateful to both of you; Marvin, & Dan. There have been few people in my life who cared enough to do what you did last night. Thank you for giving a shit. Here is a link to the pics http://s313.photobucket.com/albums/ll384/1leiter1/Venice Beach Ride July 20 2008/. I took Yesterday. I want to give a shout out to our new L.A. Friends. Bombing Wilshire Blvd in the middle of the night with no traffic was cool. And let's get another movie in this summer.

Re: My Heros!!!

Whoa, that is super cool.

Did your lights just go out, or were there other probs? Know what the cause was yet? Is your bike going to be ready for the LB Knucklehead ride next weekend?

Haha. Daniel and I must have buns of steel. You're welcome Adam. It was a really good day through the night. High balling through the night was fun. We were flying at about 45 through the night. My motor was really liking it. I got in a total of 199 miles getting home at about 4:15 in the morning.

Chris, Max, Mike, Danny, and Crystal, it was very nice to have met you all. You guys rock and had a nice pace of riding and chilling through the day. Let's do it again. Maybe we will see you folks on the Knucklehead Ride.

Marvin

Ohhhh I'll ride if I have to duct tape my 1000000 candlelight flashlight to my fricken ped. I haven't started digging into the problem yet. Here is the history, and a couple of theories. I am the original owner, I have been blowing out headlight bulbs regularly for several months. The time between blowouts has gotten shorter recently. Last nights new bullb lasted apprx 1 hour. I just started blowing the small bulbs i.e. speedo, high beem indicator, and turn signal. Last night I also blew out a running tail light bulb for the first time. Theories. 1. I'm running much higher revs than stock, and the watts may be spiking and blowing bulbs. 2. There may be a possibile failure of the part that regulates wattage. 3. I may have a loose ground, or arcing wires. 4. I'm fucked to suffer this problem the rest of my life because I haven't a bloody clue on how to troubleshoot, and fix this bugger. So to start, I'm going to check all the wires to make sure the connections are secure, everything is grounded, and there are no compromised wires, replace all the running bulbs, and convert my headlight to run the 1157 auto bulb. I have an old bullet headlight, and I just bought the bulb and the fixture. Hopefully it just a bad ground, and the fact that the stock bulbs are janky. I'm open for suggestions, and input.

Chris Hernandez /

You guys are fucking rad, 200 miles in a day! Very admirable.

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

Ya. To Adam, Mike, Dan, and Marv: Thanks again for coming out. It was a whole lot of fun and was great meeting you all. I hope we all ride again soon... and that's a really cool story about your ride home Adam. Teamwork!

Here's the links. I just just got them all uploaded (I hope at least) because our internet is super slow in the afternoons.

http://s329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/maxwellmojo/venice%20Ride/

P.S. I'm glad you got pics of that bike club, or at least some of it Adam, they were pretty cool and I totally missed out on the pics.

Muchos Gracias Woolly Bullies!

Much thanks to everyone who hosted us on the ride. Max, Chris, Mike, Danny, and Crystal. I had a fucking BLAST! Come to LB KnuckleHeads ride!! It'll be alot of fun.

Adam, I've read a post somewhere that said once you blow a headlight bulb, the other bulbs get the extra juice that the heallamp would have drawn. And not being used to the extra power, also blow soon afterwards. Maybe thats the case.

Re: Muchos Gracias Woolly Bullies!

some pics :P >

Parked Peds

Some Graff and arteest

Dedication Defined.

Proper English

It's ST's Adam! a bargain performance option.

Nice ass!

ReaL Riderz from LA join the swarm

Frank Gerry gone AMOK!

Chris Hernandez /

Those last two bikes are my friends bikes. He custom built the whole thing and painted. He is going to pinstripe my Peugeot project when it's finally done.

That makes a lot of sense and is an easy fix. Thanks for the info.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account