How to start 1978 puch

how exactly do you start one of these bad boys i just got into the peddle mopeds and i have know clue how to start it...

P.s. the picture it is all dirty guy just pulled it out of stoarge it cleaned right up i got it for $200.00 just need help on how to start it

1215904502_moped_071.jpg

Re: How to start 1978 puch

To start your bike (assuming it's in running condition) you get on the moped and start peddeling. There is a black plastic lever on the left-side of the handlebars( it's under your brake lever) Once you have started peddeling pull the black lever, this engages your engine. after you pull the lever hold it and keep peddeling untill you hear the engine come to life, then let go of the lever. Thats pretty much it, the black lever (clutch lever) is used just for starting, so don't pull it while your bike is already running. Also make sure your fuel is "on" and your engine switch is in the "on" position. It may help to prime the carb and/or engage the choke if it's cold outside.

thank you veryy much big big help...

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

The throttle is also involved. No throttle = no gas to engine.

i think your going to need a fuel petcock if you didnt put one on after that pic was taken

make sure your healight fluid is filled or your tires might pop.

yes. It would appear that you need a fuel petcock and some gas line. A inline fuel filter would probably be a good idea.

As it is now, that g-ride wont fire up as there is no way for the gas to get to the carb.

ya i bought a new petcock for it after i took the pic maybe i should have put on there before i took the pic so i didnt get ripped on hahaha

Kick it ,whine, bitch and scream,throw some stuff around then do what electricave said.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account