Re: Thinking about getting out of mopeds...

Awe come on. Naked is just liberating humor! hehehe. Just do.

I feel for ya. I live in Amherst and the people in and around the defacto capital of WNY (Buffalo) drive like freaking maniacs! I am a little freaked about bringing a moped up from storage at my parents house to drive to and from work. There are some bike paths but I have to cross 2 main highways and there are at least 1-2 accidents on each every couple of days at these intersections. People drive so crazy that I even take side roads as much as possible in my car (road rage runs rampant in the Buffalo area). Anyways, I would agree with alot of the advice and say find somewhere safe to ride and have fun. I usually take trips to my parents to ride. If you do decide to get out of it let me know I'll buy your stuff from you.

dude i live like 10 minutes out side of the city and i have been a mopeder since i was 15 and im 18 do the math..... when i get cut off or honked at just smile and wave they will realize theyre our d-bags. It is a hard life being slow as a mopeder, but it is just a good life to me i say dont quite just be safe and love it.

Thinking about getting out of mopeds...

4) I’m a drummer by trade. I tour with a few bands and have endorsements with a cymbal and electronic drum company. I compose music for soundtracks and the thing that pays the bills is web design. So my hands/arms are very important to my livelihood. A crash would be catasrophic, and it makes me drive like a total weenie. Seems like every day I log in here, someone is dying or getting severely hurt. :-(

Hey, why don't you split and move somewhere friendlier, like Austin? It's good for musicians and there's plenty of ways to get around on a moped thanks to the "Live Strong" Lance Armstrong jock riders. Plus, Austin Mopeds is here and they are some cool dudes.

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

what kind of kit do you play?

Your Sachs looks like it is in beautiful shape. If you got it at a decent price it's worth holding on to, since replacing it after you move will cost you much more.

Once you get in a more moped-friendly environment you'll appreciate the joys of 'pedding a lot more. I have some great areas to ride in, even solo, but Monday Ghost Rider group rides are a blast.

If you go to San Francisco you'll need to up your speed if you want to hang with the Creatures!

I have a few kits, but they are all Ludwig.

This is my 1970 Mach Lug 3 ply kit

I did get it for a pretty decent price. ($300) It wasn't running when I bought it, but it turned out to just be a bad plug and some adjusting. But I've put a lot of TLC into it since then. Still all bone stock except for a biturbo pipe, I'm going to save the customizing for the other one that needs work.

For now, I have the space for all these mopeds (my roommate has two also, a Puch and another sachs) but if I move in the future, I'm really going to have to think about what to do. I guess I could always store it...

I'm going to try to scope out some safer ways to get downtown again today and see how it goes...

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

i play a tama superstar i realy like it. i played the acrylic ludwig the jon bonum one it was sweet

NICE dude ive been a drummer for 6 years and thats a nice set mate, i just bought a set of ludwigs brand new, and someone gave me a pearl set from like 1990 and there greattt

good luck with the mopeding and your career

i think you should just move.

I missed my chance to say something relevant when this thread was still about local traffic.

In Pittsburgh, almost every road has a 25mph speed limit. "Perfect," you might say "that's flat out for a slow ped, and down-throttle for a fast one."

My motorbike tops out at about 66mph, and I find myself running wide open throttle just to keep up with traffic. I don't know why they don't just rip down all the speed limit signs - no one goes 25 mph on a perfectly straight, four-lane road.

Liz, the only solution I've found to your problem is to go the long route. No, not the "longer" route, the LOOOONG route that takes forever but that gets you there with a smile. There is one, I swear - there always is.

Sounds like you're in the opposite boat I'm in. When I move to southeastern ky / southwestern va, it's going to be a challenge to say the least to moped on a regular basis. 10+ miles to the nearest stores, unkept roads, hills, hills, and more hills, and 1 lane coal haul roads. The closer it gets, the more I realize how spoiled I am living in the city. Keep your bike and use it when you can. It'll fit in most any car if you want to take it away for a joyride on the weekend. Don't let it go - pretty gorgeous little sachs.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account