stubborn air leak on a35

I have an a35 with an airsal kit, and I can't for the life of me get a damn air leak out of my intake manifold. I've tried new gaskets, RTV hi temp gasket maker, and copper make a gasket. I've let them cure their proper amounts of time, and no matter what I do I seem to get an air leak. Every time I spray the intake/reed gasket area it dies down in rpms a lot. Anyone have any tricks to get rid of an air leak like this? should I just coat the whole area around the gasket with RTV gasket maker to seal the outside too? or would that likely fall off?

Re: stubborn air leak on a35

For moped use rtv sucks for the most part. Use something fuel proof. Honestly your normal oiled paper gasket should do just fine unless your mounting surfaces are majority scarred up.

the intake does have some scratching on it. i suppose ill try some of the gaskets i have again and see what happens.

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

if you get the higher grade rtv i think its in a grey tube its oil and gas proof worked on alot of things for me

check to make sure you intake surfaces are straight and are clean of any old gasket material.

also check the reed valve unit to make sure it's straight as well.

permetex gasket maker.....the best

yeah, all the surfaces are clean. I make sure i clean them with carb cleaner or engine degreaser every time. I tired the gaskets I had again with plenty of oil, and it still has a bit of an air leak. I put some electrical tape around the intake reed block and that seemed to fix the air leak for the most part. No matter what I do this thing doesnt seem to want to go away. I might try a new intake all together and see if its the surface of the intake that isn't sealing right. Can anyone think of any material I can put around the intake/reed block to seal it that isn't completely permenant, but will stay on?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account