Locking the storage compartment on my Sprint?

Peter Lee /

What can I do to help prevent local hooligans from stealing my Allen wrenches, sockets, and zipties?

Nobody probably knows there's a storage compartment there but I'd like to play the paranoid card.

Re: Locking the storage compartment on my Sprint?

I have an '08 Sprint. What storage compartment? Peace. Jerry.

Peter Lee /

I'm referring to the thermos-sized tupperware container under the seat.

Oh that. I forgot about that. Having had 2 STs that had something else there when I bought them new that I removed after I bought them, I did use that area for a storage compartment, but never put anything valuable in there, like tools. You would have to lock the seat to keep anybody out of there, but I doubt anybody but another Tomos owner would even know about it. I don't really like locking compartments or caps, because it's to easy to loose the key. I removed the pins from all my Tomos gas caps for that reason, and to prevent someone intent on stealing the small amount of premix in there from destroying the cap and possibly damaging the tank in the process. Same thing with the seat, it's all plastic, if they really wanted to get it open, they could just rip it off, causing a lot more damage than whatever might be under there, unless you keep several hundred in cash under there. Peace, Jerry.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account