malaguti commuter

What do yall think of this? Ive never had any experience with em. Who has owned one? Did you like it? Whats Up?

Re: malaguti commuter

uhh i have one but its kinda not the same thing anymore... i think they're really cool looking bikes though

i love the style, but definitely not the fastest peds. i guess i dont see why you couldnt make it fast.. bigger carb and a two piece biturbo or something.

its strange... they are two speeds, and they are geared super high, so you'd think theyd have great top speed, and good low end. well, every one ive seen tops out around 25-27, and you need a LOT of flat ground to get up there... dont take hills very well. oh, and theyre LOUD.

i like them though.

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

first bike ive owned you want to sell it?

I've had 2, still have one.

One was 1979 Commuter 2 Grand Sport, it's still rolling up here in Glenwood. It's got the MO2 on it, not a rocket but gets over 30 no problem, even hit 40 down a hill. the MO2 has a very restricted intake, it was stamped as a 12 dia. but measured it was just barely 9.

The one I still have (I should say my girl has) is a 1980 Commuter. It's got the M1 reed valve engine on it, also not a rocket but it'll do 30 no problem. i did seize the clutch bushing once but got new one from BJ and had it machined to fit.

I've found the Morini's are sensitive to the orientation of the head. On one i was drunk putting together and put thread on sides ways, it smoked like crazy and had no power, next day sobered up and put the head on right, no smoke 30+ right away.

The frames are real nice, thick tubes, great suspension front and rear and uber comfy.

Both of mine have been orange.

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

yea ther pretty cool bikes

i owned that same bike. loved it but if there is one word that became notorious with my Malagutti it was S - L - O - W

Rob, Check it out

Its been a few days, and its still up, so Ill post it. Hopefully I wont get yelled at. Not too far from ohio. Ill bet hell take a lot less for it. If you were seriously interested, i could pick it up for you and store it for a while.

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/mcy/749636294.html

In Loveland Colorado. Looks prety nice.

Re: Rob, Check it out

meant to post on this name - see profile for vague similarities with a 77 commuter

Re: Rob, Check it out

also, agree with triumph - if you can't run it without very minor "adjustments to the carb," or at least if the lights don't light up while kicking it, it shouldn't be that expensive! my commuter tank had lots of rust, and i had to clean it out

Andrew Steven /

Hey guys, I'm new to the site, I was wonderin if anybody had any spare parts for a '76/'77 commuter? I got 1 that was being junked a couple years back, it runs fine and I am restoring it... Black with white fenders, the original colors, any idea on a price, too?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

that looks almost identical to the one that was stolen from me and is still missing, mine topped out at 32 mph after you get the restrictive airfilter off and run a hi flow they are alright the serial isn't *1901 is it? if it is get the guy who sold it. it was mine.

DSCF0009sm.JPG

Joshua Hayslip /

wow its funny i used you picture for a picture of my moped.

Someone sell me footboards

« Go to Topic — end of thread