Re: 2.5 tires puch

wsemajb /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

All you need to do is raise the fender about 1.5 inches in the front. It's easily done. I made two spacers of alum bar (about 1/2 x 2") with two holes in each. Then I drilled through the fork ends to remount the fender bracket. I used a bolt that was long enough to hold the fender bracket and go through the fork body and the bracket. The top hole of the spacer takes the fender strut/bolt.

If you can picture all of that, it's a pretty simple fix. It raises the fender about 1.5 inch and clears it just fine for a 2.5 or even 2.75 tire.

For the rear end I made a quick and dirty expansion jig out of two pieces of 6" x 1/2 x 1" steel and 1/2" threaded rods. I put this inside the swingarm, clamped the swingarm ends approx where the axle spread width belonged, and slowly cranked it out with a wrench. I stopped right where the swing arm barely touches the pedal sprocket teeth. I was able to mount a 2.75 tire this way without a problem.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account