2.5 tires puch

Tyler Jacobson /

will 2.5 wide tires fit in a stock fork, fender, swingarm of a puch maxi?

Re: 2.5 tires puch

YES fork, NO fender, NO swingarm.

Some fenders won't even fit 2.25's - your supports need to have the bumpy-bumps in them for that to work.

Damn, I thought I had heard that they fit on a stock swingarm. Guess I'm going Magnum swingarm huntin' for my Swinger.

simmer down , check and see if the swingers go a big swingarm ramblux

a maxi isnt a swinger

Looks just like a Maxi swingarm, but I don't have anything to compare it with. Thanks for the heads-up.

I have Sava 17x2.50 on my Newport.... rear is fine but the front fender comes in 2 styles... one with straight supports and one with the curved inner bend at the top.... the latter type is the fender you need for larger tires

All you need to do is raise the fender about 1.5 inches in the front. It's easily done. I made two spacers of alum bar (about 1/2 x 2") with two holes in each. Then I drilled through the fork ends to remount the fender bracket. I used a bolt that was long enough to hold the fender bracket and go through the fork body and the bracket. The top hole of the spacer takes the fender strut/bolt.

If you can picture all of that, it's a pretty simple fix. It raises the fender about 1.5 inch and clears it just fine for a 2.5 or even 2.75 tire.

For the rear end I made a quick and dirty expansion jig out of two pieces of 6" x 1/2 x 1" steel and 1/2" threaded rods. I put this inside the swingarm, clamped the swingarm ends approx where the axle spread width belonged, and slowly cranked it out with a wrench. I stopped right where the swing arm barely touches the pedal sprocket teeth. I was able to mount a 2.75 tire this way without a problem.

Tyler Jacobson /

cant find a good source for tires now. i wanted something other than sava semi slicks. the michelin gazelles seem nice.

Wish I could find the michelin m29s in 2.50 here in the U.S.

I think it'd be the ideal Puch tire.

I have 2.75 m29s on my newport but they're just a bit too big.

IRC 'zap' 2.50 tires on my maxi luxe. Better fit, but not the high quality build and nice looking tread pattern of the michelins.

Try here... thats where I got my Gazelles.... and all my Synthetic fluids!

http://www.ronayers.com/catalogs/tires/parts.cfm?secid=1&type=87

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account