riding double?

i have a 1979 columbia commuter, and the sticker on the frame says one rider max...is this true? can i fit a skinny boy (i'm a skinny girl) on the back without harming my moped? combined weight about 250-260lbs?

is the only thing that might go wrong is that it will be slow, or could i damage it somehow?

Re: riding double?

seansquidfuckthepolice /

your fine it will just be a little slower, besides riding doubles can and always leads to romance...

I think the question is if its legal or not.

seansquidfuckthepolice /

naw its about throwin her man on the back... GIT IT GURL!!!

I don't have that bike. I thinki mine might be 300lbs limit. I am just 137lbs, and I take people on mine alot.

Do it! Be prepared for kisses though!

Riding pillion with a girl is perfect. Cop a feel, anybody?

I can't believe I said that. Now all my tricks are blown open.

--Scott

Well I have grabbed a few times, even though I've never been on the back. Long reach, heheee

I have been grabbed enough to expect it anymore. That's even better. hahaa

seansquidfuckthepolice /

although as a dude, i think i would be alittle opposed to jumpin on the back of my gurls moped, its way cooler to be rollin around with a fly honey on the back waving at your friends who are walking giving ugly gurls piggy back rides...

no groms no blasters /

be careful about getting too close, you might feel a little poke coming through on you

cool, we might try it, it will be on my little rasta moped so we will look especially hilarious, especially during a red sox game (i live in the fenway area). he's never been on a moped before or i would let him drive, but for now, he gets to ride tail.

haha thats going to look friggen hilarious

id like to see that so i can point and laugh

Jake Shaughnessy /

i have the same bike. idk if it suck a good idea. The rack sits on the fender and there really isint much support there. when i got mine the fender was cracked in half from the rack bein sat on and from being picked up by the rack.

My tomos had its rear (and front I think) shock absorbing systems destroyed by frat boys doubling up and riding it off curbs I assume. They treated that poor bike the same way they treat women, accept they didn't roofy the bike before they defiled it. But seeing as how you are both pretty slim it should be ok. I hear fat dudes on here all day like " I weigh 290 pounds and I need my bike to go faster up hills, what can I do to get it to go faster?"

our plans were ruined when three drug addicts hung out in the alley for two hours drinking forties out of paper bags during riding time, the alley i have to take marley out of to get to the street, and they would definitely have started shouting (and marley needs to be on the down-low because she's illegal where i keep her).

so we couldn't go. also i did examine her luggage rack and there's really not much there, i think we'll wait until bones (my motobecane 50v) is back. at least he doesn't mind riding passenger.

is the only thing that might go wrong is that it will be slow, or could i damage it somehow?

oh im gonna get it for this but here's my opinion -

If that was almost any other moped Susan - a variated Moby, a two speed puch, hell even a one speed puch or something like that, id say go for it.

The only thing that will make this a little unpleasant and maybe pose a issue is the kinda fragile sachs clutch, combined with the fact they dont have any bottom end.

So ah..yeah, if your on flat ground have fun, but if you going up a hill and you start hearing that evil sachs clutch chatter, call it a day before it gets a hot spot.

I did that to a sparta last year.

you need to find a long seat for bones

im sure both of you weighs less than i do

my moby go with 2 on it not fast but it goes

hey do you want me to weld up some pegs on him

oh dont worry about druggies they fall down easy

mopedjay, i appreciate the offer but bones does not need pegs!!! he is good without them. do you know when you might get down here?

me and my best friend did it on my ciao and we are both about 200 and it jamed down teh street and its just a bone stock moped just takes more to get to speed

i probably woulnd say do it alot

i just rode double on my express for the first time tonight (i put a Spree seat on it) and surprisingly, it went as fast as it does with just me on it....it just took longer to get there. combined our weight had to be around 370 lbs, too...

no groms no blasters /

is it the sachs or the solo?

it's the commuter with the sachs engine.

Don't do it! Your moped will crumble under the weight. Get a trailer.

my dad rides mine every once in a while hes 250-350 and on my fa 50 it says nothing over 175 pounds u should be fine but it will slow u down

haha picture susan pulling up to pick up her date and tellin him to get in the trailer

thats fuckin funny

comparing variated bikes to sachs motors is apples to oranges.

You can ride the Sachs. Tell your dude to ride the other one. Way more fun. Plus, I guarantee after he rides a ped he'll want one too.

Hopefully not one of yours!

riding doubles on a moped always leads to romance... always

couldn't agree more with Elliot...lol....

I have first hand expeience

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account