how many miles will a moped last

what is the maximum miles you have seen on a moped, more specifically a puch. i have had my 77 maxi for about 4 years now. I just passed 6000 on mine, got it around 700. my piston desenegrated a few weeks ago. but other than that everything seems to be up to par. the odometer looks like it could handle up to 99999. what's average, what's the highest you have seen.

Re: how many miles will a moped last

My maxi has over 15,000 miles on the stock everything...new rings, bearings and seals and the fucker still hauls balls. Use motul and your shit will last forever:)

I saw a Tomos with 35k on it. Ran perfect and apparently it was all original.

Oh, and it was an '80.

I bought a rolling basket case, '80 Puch Newport, totally rebuilt it, the whole moped, from the ground up, not just the engine. It's currently got 4200 trouble free miles on it since the rebuild. But I also have an '03 Tomos ST that I bought new, and am rapidly closing in on 16,000 miles on that, also completely trouble free. The neat thing is, both the Puch E50 and the Tomos A35 can be rebuilt indefinitely, and parts are cheap and plentiful. Peace, Jerry.

I have just under one zillion miles on my bike, and I may flip over one more zillion before I hang it on the shelf.

My maxi luxe came to me seized with 9g's and change. Funny thing is after I freed it it runs faster than it was supposed to out of the factory. buddy in a chase car said I was doing a good 32 all the way across a long slight uphill grade, which most people would call a flat. All stock.

Yeah, it's all about maintenance. And these things are so damn easy on that that there's no excuse for negligence.

Take care with the mix, use good products, and clean up the rings/grooves and other carbon buildup every season (or twice).

It's a one hour job on these things once you get the hang of it.

Still though, it's a matter of scale. I expect that I'll eventually get 100k plus out of my BMW without major work. If I drove it at highway speeds in second gear continously (basically what I'm doing with my Puch) I'd just have to expect a lot more trouble, a lot more sooner.

i heard somewhere that some dude went 25000 miles on a puch and didt know you were supposed to change the tranny fluid

true story!

actually depends how u ride and how much u make your engine go over its limit

If u drive reasonably, and change the tranny fluid, an E50 should last for ever. Easy to rebuild, cheap parts. As long as 2 cycle engines are legal, they will be here.

A stock moped engine is very lightly stressed, even when ridden at full throttle all the time, they will last practically forever. It's when you start modding them to make them faster and more powerful that things start going wrong. But most of those who do this know the consequences. I'm in the process of building an '01 Targa with a 70cc Airsal kit, 15.15 Dellorto, foam air filter, and Tecno Estoril pipe. I don't intend to do any case matching or porting. I know it won't be that reliable or long lasting, but I'm only going to ride it in town, not on long trips. And I'm not going to put low bars on it. Peace, Jerry.

my express has 10,500 on it. i really believe all it takes is love and care and they should last FOREVER.

A moped will last as long as your patients and parts supply

with a kit the fame will crack anywhere between, 15,000 and 20,000 miles.

if its rigid w/o a brace, the frame will crack anywhere between 2,000 and 7,000.

a cracked fram is usually the sign of a bike that must be retired, i welded my frame back up once on my rigid moby but it started leaking again several months later then i got nailed by a car and it was kaput.

all the other parts around the frame will break down usually b4 the frame especially on kitted bikes, but that's just regular maintenance, and if u have a magnum frame that cracks it doesn't effect the gas tank so it can be fixed easily essentially forever.

I have at least 10,000 or more on mine.

« Go to Topic — end of thread