G3 could stand to be faster, any ideas?

So I got this seized g3 from this dude. I got it unstuck and got a new set of controls/cables for it, accept the horn. Even after repeated carb cleaning it four stroked at about 26, so I bought a black rubber/metal mesh perf filter for a maxi from treats and made it work. Now it does about 29-32 on flats. I have searched fairly long for parts to get me a little more speed, but I can't seem to find anything short of a larger kit. No pipes, nothing "easy". I don't need everything to be easy, but I don't want to kit it. I think I am going to port this one, or maybe pay someone to do it while I watch them, as 505 1d's aren't exactly a dime a dozen and I am not an expert at porting. Any other ideas/parts anyone knows about?

Re: G3 could stand to be faster, any ideas?

weld up a pipe, do some carb tuning with different jets, and gear it differently

seansquidfuckthepolice /

KIT THAT SHIT dont be a pussy athena kit it, 6p, youll be rippin, thats what i did, and it ripped its way straight into impound...

Word on the street is those kits are all kinds of good shit but yer clutch will explode and we all know how hard it is to peddle a g3 with the bars where they are.

I'm not sure that kit is widely available, sean.

Welding an expansion chamber to your stock header would be a good start. They are widely available from many fine moped retailers.

Yeah, the only thing about that is I would want to find another stock pipe, or just a header I guess to start out with, as if something went awry I wouldn't want to go without riding it until a sub could be found. Is it true that g3's have differewnt pipes than other sachs with similar engines?

I have a G3

it's kitted with the Athena 80cc and I use this Simonini pipe.... it fits and sounds great and clears the pedals...... got it at Treats....

Not sure how much it would help a stock setup... go for a kit!

Yeah, I think I will let it chill at 30ish for a while. I want to kit my mad max tomos first so I can level up before I try to kit such a nice bike as a G3. P.S. Why do people sweat magnums so hard and kid of meh the g3? I think g3's are just as cool if not more so, accept MAYBE the name.

I have both.....

Its like comparing apples and oranges...

Nothing beats a Polini kitted Magnum for power stability and comfort..

The Sachs is a smaller lower lighter moped with a totally different ride and feel to it... it screams when kitted and is a steady but lighter more nervous bike...

Magnums=2speed

G3=1speed

Is a magnum really that much bigger than a g3? Also, how many years of g3's were there? 78-80? also, whats the deal with a g-4? How come I never hear anybody talk about them?

i had both and they seemed to be the same size. If one is smaller i would think its a g3 comparted to a magnum II with all the stuff on it.

On another note

athena kit it, 6p, youll be rippin, thats what i did, and it ripped its way straight into impound…

Now thats fucking punk!

The Magnum MKII is alot higher and heavier than the G3 and a lot smoother too!

I have never seen a magnum in person, and hadn't seen a g3 in person till I saw mine rotting in the back of my local scooter shop one magical day. I would like to have a chance to ride the mkII and the cobra and the limited or special edition or whatever, the one they only made 1000 of. Thats the crappiest thing about only having a fledgling scene, if you wanna ride it or figure it out, you kinda gotta do it yerself. Not that thats a bad thing, but two heads are better than one.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account