Laser Sport Moped

I bought a Baron Laser moped from Jerry of J&J Motorsports and have serious problems! It arrived and I took it to a mechanic to have assembled, it ran 11 miles before blowing a seal. Before it even left the shop, the electric starter quit working. I contacted Jerry to have the repairs made under the warranty, he offered to replace it with a Laser Sport 2 when they were imported. I have waited 8 months, and now Jerry has told me I will have to sell the defective moped and buy the new one at full cost. We had a verbal contract that Jerry is not fulfilling. Baron motorcycles is no longer importing for Jerry as he is a dishonest businessman. The Laser Sport moped is poorly manufactured and represented by a dishonest businessman!

Re: Laser Sport Moped

Damn, what a dirt bag! What warranty did it come with? Parts and labor or just parts? how long? You are the second person to say that the Baron Lazer sucks and that particular shop is questionable. My condolences. Get a tomos.

Here’s the deal, I’m legally blind. I was in a coma, my brain swelled into my eye sockets and tore my retinas. I cannot pass the vision test, so they took my license. I have been illegally driving (with no accidents and not even any close calls) for 2 years. I need legal transportation. In Montana a moped that is under 50cc and can be pedalled without the motor running is legally concidered a bicycle. Problem solved…not quite, they’re hard to find! I live in Montana, and desire a moped with enough torque (or 2 speed) to maintain speed up the hills and mountain roads. As this is to be my daily transportation I would prefer a 4 stroke (ease in fueling, no oil on my pants). Also, I’d love to find a 2-seat moped so the lady and I can ride together. I found a Kinetic that is marketed in Sri Lanka called the Safari 4S with all these features, but am not sure how to get it imported. If anyone knows of a good quality, 2-seat, 50cc, 4-stroke moped with a 2-speed transmission I would LOVE your help in helping me find my freedom again! It’s getting old asking for rides everywhere. If you have any information in helping direct my search, please share with me. I may want too much, or may desire the wrong features. Thanks for you time and assistance!!!

For $900-$949 you can get a Kinetic TFR moped Shipped to you from Northern Tool, might even get it lower than that if you get it from Cosmo. These are 2005 new old stock. Made in India and are rumoured to be a Vespa moped clone.

I don't think four-stroke is a realistic goal. You can get a Kinetic which is okay, or you might be able to get a Tomos shipped which would be better but slightly more expensive. You can get one with oil injection so no fuel/oil mixing.

Unfortunately, except for the POS Laser, Baron, or whatever it's called, there are no 4 stroke mopeds available. Tomos makes a couple of mopeds capable of carrying 2, the Streetmate, and the Revival. Both of these have oil injection, so you don't have to mix the gas and oil, but before buying one, I suggest you do some research on "tomos oil injection". Since you've been ripped off once already, I'd hate to see you have any more problems. Tomos makes excellent quality mopeds, but the oil injection system is highly questionable. Because the subject is so controversial, I'm not going to say anything more about it, other than you can use the search function to find months worth of reading about it, and make up your own mind. Peace, Jerry.

BryAn eurism /

Harold! another X-thread. Get it OFF! get it OFF! :D

fallout Survivor /

Jerry is still peddling mopeds in CA,, and I made recent inquires as to the availability of parts... So far no parts available.

He is trying to rip people off on ebay .. as usual.

fallout Survivor /

Jerry is still peddling mopeds in CA,, and I made recent inquires as to the availability of parts... So far no parts available.

He is trying to rip people off on ebay .. as usual.

Jarryd Fields /

lame....thought the lazer looked really good

SYM or Tomos, it tiz

To OP.....sorry about that.....being a fellow Montanan (where do you live), I too love the moped in this state.....this being said, I bought my Tomos Sprint from Scooterville Montana in Missoula, where I live. I love it, should be enough to carry you and your wife up some basic hills, and you can bore it out to 70cc for even more power (NO police in montana carry callipers capable of telling the difference between a 50 and 70 cc bike)...... IT IS however, 2 stroke..... screw it, it aint too hard

Yeah, that SYM Cub is a motorcycle though. They are manual shift and capable of about 45mph. The new ones, I think are around 125cc, they should be able to eek out a decent 55mph.

« Go to Topic — end of thread