bell wireless speedomoter

so i bought one of these wireless speedos thinking you can just program the size of the wheel into it and bam. but it has these codes for the different size tires and it only goes down to a 20". has anyone used this before? did i just waste 20 bucks? if you do know what the number for a 17 inch wheel is i will love you forever.

Re: bell wireless speedomoter

just calculate the conversion factor if you can't set it for the right wheel diameter. should be a multiplicative off-set

"learn about it":http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/GBSSCI/PHYS/CLASS/circles/u6l1a.html

bell wireless speedomoter

Unshielded plugs/wires wreak havoc on wireless stuff. I found out the hard way with a bell wireless speedometer, probably the same one you bought. Mine would work fine if I pedaled around with the engine off but as soon as I fired up the engine it would go bonkers.

yeah if you're going to run a bicycle speedo on your moped and want any sort of accuracy, you're going need to go the wired route.

Anyone know of a tach that works for mopeds? That round circle on my tomos's next to the speedo taunts me. I mounted one of those clock/compass/thermometer things and its cool and everything, but tachs are cooler. I have seen pics of tomos's with tachs before, but never in person.

Fun Fact, if you have an unshielded plug, you can hear your RPMs on an AM Radio.

really? thats awesome.

Code is 1676 for 17" wheels, at least it is for the Scwhwinn wired unit Walmart sells. Let me know. Thanks.

Stve

for a tach just google Tiny Tach

they are about $40.

Rick

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account