4 Wheel Moped?

Ataristyle /

I am wondering if a 4 wheel moped has ever been created? I have seen a 3 wheeled Tomos before, but never 4 wheel. 4 wheel would have great advantages in the winter. With having 4 wheels on the ground at all time, instead of just 2 and your feet sticking out like skis, this would have more control. When I was younger, and subscibed to 'Boy Scouts' magazine, there were always neat projects in the last few pages of the magazine. One of them was to build a 'bike car.' It was a 4 wheel bicycle. If I, or someone, was to take that design and modify it a bit, maybe there can be a 4 wheel moped. I would sure love to drive that in the winter than just a two wheel Tomos(Especialy w/ the stock tires...Man Do you slip all the time!). If anyone has a pic of a 4 wheel Moped, I would really like to see it. I'm curious if a 4 wheel or even the 3 wheel Tomos I have seen is street legal. Appreciate the help. Thanks,

Swarm and Destroy!

3tomos.jpg

How about one wheel!

Ron Brown /

Check this out!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A49849-2001Jan11.html

Could this make the moped go the way of the buggy whip?

Re: How about one wheel!

Ataristyle /

Man...after looking over that, I doubt I'd like to take that in the snow! Neat idea. It would be very challenging to ride a gas powered uni-cycle. Thanks for the link!

Ron Brown /

My impression is that snow would be no problem, other than stopping!

This seems to be kept vertical by gyros, so you would slide but not fall down.

I'm assuming that straight line travel and turns are also gyro controlled.

Picture the way cartoon characters like the Road Runner get around, I think that is the idea.

When taking off, you lean forward enough to keep fro going ove backwards and when stopping, you lean backwards to keep from tipping forwards.

Talk about "Swarm and Destroy"....

gimmiejimmie /

"It" the pogo-stick styled,single wheeled "Ginger" will be available in two models,

METRO and the PRO, for around $2000. It can be assembled with a screwdriver and allen-head wrenches in 10 minutes. It will be available in 2002. If anyone is interested, send me $2000 and I'll put you on the waiting list. Pictures of "it" in about a year.

Re: 4 Wheel Moped?

Reeperette /

>>I'm curious if a 4 wheel or even the 3 wheel Tomos I have seen is street legal.<<

Yes, I had a 3-wheeler, and it was street legal.

-Ree

Ron Brown /

I'm confused! I was sure I had posted this 1/14, maybe it got lost in the Voltron confusion.

If anyone is interested, send me $200.00 in used 20's with non-consecutive serial numbers and I'll put you on my waiting list!

Trust Me!

Fred, this is the cash I referred to for our trip!

gimmiejimmie /

Ron,

That's a great deal!

I'll fax you the money on Feb.30

good luck on your trip.

gimmiejimmie

REE, does the 3-wheel moped have to be taged like MC? Do you know where I could see a picture of a 3- wheel ped? Doug in VA

Simon King /

I've been talking to a guy from Canada who has a Tomos Trike - he's supposed to be getting me photos...if he does i'll post them, i've never seen one either.

gimmiejimmie /

There is a site that has a photo of the trike and what the Euros call a 4 wheel moped. It's just a ATV with turn signals.ha!

www.tws-motor.se/

click these links to see:

Tomos trike....TWS 2000

4 wheeler...KVM

a space craft looking moped called the Shark....SYM (check out the Fiddle at that link also)

gimmiejimmie

gimmejimmie /

I'm ready to take those waiting list payments now.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account