sachs madass in america

General Jackson /

has anyone gotten one stateside yet?

I'm curious how they ride, they look pretty sweet.

In tennessee it's always nice to have a bike that can go offroad or through some nasty concrete ok, so I was curious what any users thought about it

Re: sachs madass in america

Motoscoot in Milwaukee has em, check em out...

spork Guarnierius /

I think Harold has one that he swaped the bigger engine onto and Moe (moebobbie) has one that he seems to love. Moe let me take his for a short spin and it had a lot of get up and go for a little 50cc because of the multiple gears. They're quite substantial when compared to old time mopeds, too.

Have had mine for a season and a half now. 4000+ miles and I absolutely LOVE it. So much so that I sold my big bike and am now exclusively riding the Maddass.

Gives me an honest 35 mph all day long and average 103 mpg.

Here's a pic of me on the Dragon in NC/TN last month.

Moe

1215811050_img_8798.jpg

only they aren't mopeds at all. under powered chinese 50cc motorcycles

I made a post like this and EVERYONE came out of the wood work to hurl rotten produce at me. Word on the street is the guys at moto scoot are douchetacular, although I have no first hand knowledge, could just be one of those scooter VS. ped things.

You sold your Kawasaki Concours??? Say it ain't so!! Peace, Jerry.

HEHEHE...Yup Jerry it's true! The Connie is gone and the Madass is now #1.

General Jackson /

but it's not really a scooter. it's more like a motorcycle than anything. and didn't the german company sachs make these, or are the american ones the same design model but built in china?

sachs sold the name to china according to everything i've ever heard, but i don't know for sure. it should say on the vin plate where the thing was made.

i just don't understand why they are too slow. my 1972 50cc sachs 5 speed supposedly does 50 stock, and while that's pretty slow for a 5 speed, it's sure a lot better than 30. how many gears do the madasses have anyway? i don't even know.

I just bought a 2006 (new i.e. never purchased before) from Virginia Motor Powersports and had it delivered to Boston. It is soooo slow I was totally bummed. So I removed the rev limiter. Still dog and not much of an increase, at least I can't tell and definitely a dog on the slightest incline.

So I called around and was steered to moto-scoot in WI. I talked to their Madass guru and he recommended their 88cc upgrade and pipe--which I bought. Not here yet but I'm counting the days. So, you must have done something to your Madass to hit the Dragon, yes? Do you have a 4-speed or auto? What size engine? Does anyone have any experience with moto scoot or the 88cc/pipe mod?

I'm totally digging the Madass and really want to use this bike as my primary bike. I own a BMW R1150 GS (over 80K miles) and an MP3 that my wife somehow usurped?? But her new found love for the MP3 facilitated me buying the Madass with no spousal pain, nagging or hassles.

Oh yea, nice tail bag. Moto Scoot has a nice set of panniers.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account