A Few Sachs Questions

- Summerai - GB Dick Lucas Flegel /

Hello, I just got a 81 Sachs Seville and a I have a few questions. This is my first moped so forgive me if I sound like I have no idea what i'm talking about. Here we go......

What kind of oil do I need to put in the transmssion?

What should the spark plug gap be set at??

Should I be mixing 40/1 or 50/1 oil?

And does anybody know where I can find a pdf file for it? I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything.

Thanks

Re: A Few Sachs Questions

ATF type F for the tranny I think.

Gap I donno, I think whatever comes on the factory recommended plug is close enough.

I ALWAYS mix at LEAST 40:1, but its a personally preference thing. Some people like to clen out carbon and some people like to buy new parts, its one or the other.

I think mopedriders.org has a shop manual for a 505 engine bike, and a 504 I think too. The bike itself might be dif, but the engines are gonna be pretty close.

If anyone hates on you for asking basic questions like that they are just haters so just shake them off. Everyone has to start somewhere and its better to ask questions then to be wrong.

Awesome!!!

Thanks a Ton!!

yeah no prob. If you make it down to madison and want to ride let it be known.

hell ya man!! Maybe sometime in Aug. Lets just hope the Sachs is running well by then...

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ /

as far as i know type f is correct. that's what i put in my sachs tranny, as was recomended to me.

gap should be .18 to .20 most gapping gauges don't go down past .20, but you can eyeball it pretty good from there.

as far as premix goes, yeah, my sachs mopet says "50:1" on it so that's what goes in it. my motron says "40:1" so that's going to be the ratio for it as well.... each moped is different! and everyone has different opinions about premix..... but generally the more oil you put in the mix, the richer it will run, and will leave carbon buildup everywhere, but will also protect the engine from going lean and seizeing and other not fun stuff.

_If anyone hates on you for asking basic questions like that they are just haters so just shake them off. Everyone has to start somewhere and its better to ask questions then to be wrong._

THIS

i run motul transoil in my sachs and it loves it.

you will not hurt any of your 50cc bikes with 50:1, whatever the gas tank says..

spork Guarnierius /

Hi Dick, here's a couple of links to manuals that will help out. Even though they say Eagle and General, they are just rebadged Sachs.

http://www.mopedriders.org/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=31

http://www.mopedriders.org/html/manuals/general/generalsm.pdf

there is a growing community in appleton. salty is the de-facto ringleader. he has a ton of bikes, parts, and i think he has wrench sessions in his garage.

http://www.mopedarmy.com/resources/mod/salty/

« Go to Topic — end of thread