Re: first scooter

JunkyardDog /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I don't see why everybody hates scooters so much. True, this is a moped site, but just about everybody on here has cars, trucks, motorcycles, and all kinds of other vehicles. Maybe it's because of all the idiots that call scooters mopeds. There is nothing wrong with a scooter, it's excellent transportation. I have an '06 Honda Met that I'm pretty sure will outlast me. If I had my choice, I'd have a new Stella, or an old Vespa or Lambretta, but I can't afford any of those, the Met just kind of fell into my lap for cheap. VIP is a cheap Chinese scooter. There is a store here that sells several different models of 150cc Chinese scooters for around $1100. It's hard to believe they could be any good at that price, but I am the owner of a Chinese motorcycle that I bought online for $1375 shipped, I've had it for almost 2 years, have 16,000 klms on it, and am very satisfied with it. It's a 200cc dual purpose motorcycle. a comparable Japanese motorcycle costs 4 times as much. I see a lot of cheap Chinese scooters running around town that seem to run fine, but I also see a lot of broken ones for sale on Craigslist. My favorite Asian scooter brand is Kymco. Peace. Jerry.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account