My rant about Moped accidents / deaths

Tony - Baltimore /

First let me say I feel bad about Matt Tozer's death. Accidents and collisions happen and there really isn't much you can do about it. I received my "support shirt" in the mail and it is a nice shirt. Everyone should order one because it is a great design, nicely made, and it is for a good cause.

Aside from this what I really want to talk about is how idiotic it is to ride a moped, or ANY other mechanical device without medical and life insurance. You get on a bicycle, skateboard, unicycle, moped, or anything else and hurt yourself it is your fcking fault for not having the means to patch yourself up. period. It is one thing if you use your moped to ride back and forth from a sh!tty job in a sh!tty town that pays nothing. It is another thing if you are out just having a blast, drinking and acting like a bag of douche on your moped and get hurt. I have no sympathy for these people. It is called not having any common sense. "I never thought it would happen to me." Yea you never thought, because you dont fcking think.

Again, IF YOU RIDE A MOPED YOU NEED TO HAVE MEDICAL INSURANCE.

Also, here is a scenario. Assume you are in a state where you don't need tags or insurance for mopeds. You are driving your car and a hot shot mopeder rides out in front of you and you hit them. It is totally NOT your fault and the police agree it is the hot shots fault. However, since they do not have auto insurance, guess who pays for them to get fixed up? You do. Or rather your insurance does. It is that spot on your insurance that says "Uninsured or under-insured motorist" That's right. Although it is not your fault, in a lot of states your insurance goes up because of this non-insured mopeder who cut you off because they wanted to show their friends how cool they are.

So that is it. Flame me if you like. In fact, please do. If you keep flaming and flaming maybe someone will get the point. If this post keeps one persons family from having to pay $90,000 in hospital bills because little George doesn't have brains enough to have insurance, then I have done my part. I will go ahead and say youre welcome, with the assumption that it will be due without anyone even knowing it.

That's all I have to say.

Re: My rant about Moped accidents / deaths

i appreciate your opinion and concern, but you might want to not start off with an assertion that people who dont make certain decisions you feel strongly about are stupid fucking idiots. its that whole catching more flies with honey thing...

I almost feel like you're ranting for the sake of ranting.

I don't think anybody here is ignorant of the repercussions of their acts... or the benefits of having health insurance.

why don't you also tell them to put gas in their tank before riding?

Tony Moore = Mr. Serious

if you run out of gas youre an ignorant cunt

And if you get hurt without insuring yourself you're an ignorant cunt. I think he's implying we're all ignorant cunts.

reinstate the death penalty for people who arent earning more than 6% on their 401K.

Tony - Baltimore /

Do not "put words in my mouth".

I am not implying that everyone who rides a moped is an "ignorant c"

Obviously.

You are right about your first statement though. Riding any vehicle as stated in my posting without insurance is a bad idea.

I do have some responses for this post:

"I almost feel like you

Tony - Baltimore /

"reinstate the death penalty for people who arent earning more than 6% on their 401K."

Yes. Yes. and more Yes.

I wonder how many uninsured people are in Massachusetts now. The state requires everyone to have health insurance, but that is probably only for people filing income taxes. I am unsure what the percentage is at this point.

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

hey my moped crash bill is up to 340,000 now, and guess what. no insurance. thats ok though, marv the mopeding mortician is helping me fake my death.

goodbye josh hickman

hello miguel santana.

Tony - Baltimore /

The new name is bad ass. Think Marv can hook me up too? I would like Manny Onestep.

They wont sell insurance to people who dont wear a monocle.

Brother, you have a very confused view of how medical insurance plays out in a moped accident. In states where no insurance is required for mopeds, they're classified as bicycles. The police report would most likely say you hit a pedestrian or cyclist, not an "uninsured motorist".

I've never, ever heard of the victim of an accident having to pay the medicals bills of an at-fault uninsured motorist. That's baloney. No insurance company would give that money up without a fight.

In America, health insurance is a luxury few can afford anymore. If you have it, congratulations. Don't be a dick and act like having it is a common sense issue, because it isn't. It's outside realm of possibility for a lot of Americans anymore, and you're just coming off like an affluent, out-of-touch entitled asshole by talking down to people who don't can't afford the lifestyle you've become so accustomed to that you perceive it as necessity.

additionally, you can say "fuck" on mopedarmy, no need to star out your vowels, buddy.

"AND FOR F*CKING SH!TTY SAKE, DON'T FORGET TO PUT GAS IN YOUR MOPED":https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/534767/534767/

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

no but seriously, i thought this was a mopeder death rant not another young republicans meeting about feeding the insurance companies.

"I understand the percussions of not having insurance, and I feel that the well being of myself and my family is outweighed by my need to go out and have fun with my friends" think again, or uh start thinking.

^^^^there are also people who buy brian adams albums. and i think you meant REpercussions. and yes my need to have fun outweighs everything and everyone.

also, i have no family, so i really dont care. and if you are stupid enough to hit me on my bike there is no limit to what i hope they charge you.

and btw both of the recent deaths were minors.

so technically "little george" would be covered on thier parents insurance. nice lack of respect for the recently fallen by calling them "little george"

and what the hell do you care? do you have any more wonderful life lessons to pass out to the little people from atop gargle balls mountain?

sheesh dude mind yo biz mang.

lets cut right to the heart of this matter: if you ride a moped without health insurance, the terrorists have won.

Lesson learned. I'll quit introducing new and advanced words to this place...

The percussions of not having insurance

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="

&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ladies and Germs, I give you: The percussions of not having insurance

Re: The percussions of not having insurance

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

^^^^LOL TIMES A MILLION GAJILLION

Tony - Baltimore /

"and btw both of the recent deaths were minors.

so technically

Re: The percussions of not having insurance

Tony - Baltimore /

Id like to take a poll of how many responders who took offense to my statements have medical and life insurance.

My guess, less than 20%

If by douche you mean something that shoots fluids into the vaginal and anal crevices on a woman, count me in!

Tony - Baltimore /

Your last girlfriend was a man

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH!

ok so what YOUR saying is that little george puberty should pay for his OWN insurance with his paper route money since his parents cant afford it. gotcha.

Shhh! Tony, you're gonna let them know!

Tony - Baltimore /

hmmmm

I can actually feel my I.Q. dropping. This morning I walked into work with a Bachelors degree. This afternoon I walk out with a G.E.D. The things you unlearn while on Moped Army.

Tony - Baltimore /

Your secret is safe with me.

Wow. This is nuts.

I wish I could have health insurance, just don't have the cash.

Health insurance is good to have, even if you don't ride a moped or drive at all.

You never know what could happen in life, moped or not.

Car insurance and such is just crazy not to have. (I couldn't image what I would do if my Mustang got smacked into...ugg) You could be the best driver in the world and still get in an accident so yeah.

I see both sides honestly.

Hey! With all the money I will be saving riding my moped (Gas money) maybe I can get health insurance?

BTW, some funny stuff on this thread. You guys are to much man haha.

SOME PEOPLE ARE POOR AND HEALTH INSURANCE IN AMERICA IS RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE.

Why is this so hard to understand?

If you don't like it write to your congress person or join an activist group to push for socialized medicine. Don't blame the people who can't afford to take care of themselves because of a fucked system.