OT: Obama! Boom Boom Boom!

I was at the county fair tonight, gettin my funnelcake on. There's always lots of crazy stuff on display and amongst all the madness was the local excavation company with their newest product: fiberglass drop-in "storm shelters". They were crazy to see, and i even got to take a look inside one. Pretty sweet. But as I'm walking away, the lady selling them is yelling things to get passers-by to stop and look and she says:

"OBAMA! BOOM BOOM BOOM!"

Which pretty much made my night, along with buying some moped-worthy ammo cannisters at a army surplus tent.

Re: OT: Obama! Boom Boom Boom!

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

_"OBAMA! BOOM BOOM BOOM!"_

What does that even mean? Maybe it made more sense in person? haha

We are building a religion,

a limited edition.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

I mean, was she shooting Obama? Is that the deal? That's how it sounds to me.

I mean, I don't want to see him president, but I don't want to see him shot. Don't want McCain either...or anyone else... We're so fucking screwed.

_but I don’t want to see him shot_

How nice of you to express that sentiment...

It's real simple.... if Gramps gets elected you can polish up your Army boots and prepare to be drafted.... it'll be your job to fix the broken military...

If Obama gets elected there will be lots more kids your age... alive and healthy out riding mopeds and enjoying a peaceful happy life!

maybe she was singing the Peter Gabriel song "Salisbury Hill" but she substitued "my heartS going boom boom boom" to "Obama! boom boom boom"

who knew local fair works appreciate peter gabriel? It takes all kinds.

I know my heart goes boom boom boom for obama, i pray that he crushes mccain, but i doubt it will happen.

my guess is that the lady believes Barack Obama to be a secret Muslim Terrorist, and she was reminding people they would need a bomb shelter once he comes to power, and starts putting a Jihad on the Bible belt.

If McCain is elected, We're Fucked...

Obama is one of the 69-traitors to the Bill of Rights...

See: http://senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=2&vote=00168

We're fucked either way. Pretend naught that Obama is a saint, he is after all a "politician." He is, in my view, only the Lesser of Two Evils.

I'm not so sure that Obama is the lesser of two evils...but indeed either way we are screwed...

Oh man, I love Solsbury Hill.

I'm with you, Mike, we're screwed either way. I'd say we have been for a long time, actually.

It doesnt matter who is elected, since they will ultimately do the exact same thing anyway. We all know the government is secretly controlled by an army of crab people that call all of the shots.

CRAB PEOPLE, CRAB PEOPLE, walk like crab, talk like people...CRAB PEOPLE

I once saw a presidential autopsy that showed that a past presidents insides were comprised of chocolate puding and conduit. Crab people robots. nuff' said.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

_If Obama gets elected there will be lots more kids your age… alive and healthy out riding mopeds and enjoying a peaceful happy life!_

I'd be ROFLMAO if it weren't so horrifingly sad that you really believe that.

Course said kids wont have any money cause we'll be paying it all into a government thats even more bloated than our current one, so we can let the wonderful people responsible for airport security and the DMV also handle our health care. Yay.

Ugh. learn some facts about the two before spouting off what everyone else tells you about the candidates. McCain is one of the most moderate republican candidates to become a presidential nominee in a while. VERY dissimilar to Bush.

Please, everyone, educate yourself.

Ps- I'm voting for McCain.

CRAB PEOPLE. But I agree with ErinL. Not that anyone here is an idiot, but definitely do some research, go see them speak, check em out on youtube. Just DO NOT vote based on the chain emails that point the candidates out as terrorist because on 9/11 McCain was negotiating with the Russians to build nuclear missile sites on Mars. I guess its up to you to judge the credibility of your sources, but very rarely have I trusted chain emails.

The "most moderate republican" is like the most polished turd.

_He knows too much_

_Then he must be DISAPPEARED_

i guess im just a fan of self-sufficiency.

dude, obama could come to my house, punch me in the face, and force me to give him fellatio while reciting the satanic verses backwards and i would still vote for him over mccain.

mccain is a pinnacle of mediocrity.

there is nothing cool about the status quo.

_mccain is a pinnacle of mediocrity_

dude, if you have mediocre politician, then you've got the most decent politician.

I think we're getting distracted from the important issue:

BOOM BOOM BOOM!

erin, read about bush's policy during the election of his first term. VERY moderate, as moderate as mccain. compared to how he is now.

mccain is moderate sure, but he is still a dirty DIRTY republican. so fuck him.

I'm voting for Obama, and McCain is from my state. But I hate him and everything he stands for. He's a war monger. I'm 49 years old, and this will be the first time I've ever voted in a presidential election. IMO, it's the first time since I was old enough to vote that there is a candidate worth voting for. PEACE, Jerry.

I've been holding my breath at this point just trying to will into being someone to step forward and steal the show from both of these duds. And forth he comes..... Ta Da!!!!

Bob Barr!

ex repulican (yea right)

JFCA. I heard him on NPR for half an hour yesterday and just about had to pull over and toss my lunch.

We're doomed it tell you.. doooomed.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Well, I'm actually voting for Bob Barr. Fuck the two party system and everyone in it. Plus I've personally met Bob on multiple occassions. He's a real person, not some asshole with a facade of righteousness like 99% of politicians.

I'm curious, what did he say that so offended you, Brad?

Geez, these are the best 2 candidates I've ever seen. I've got to say either of them are better than what we have. They both speak fluent English and seem much less likely to humiliate us over seas. I like Obama a lot but I'd take McCain as well. I really think this is better than the past 4 elections...5 elections er... maybe 6: Regan vs Mondale, Bush vs Dukakis, Bush vs Clinton vs Perrot (that was a fun one!), Clinton vs Dole (yawn), Bush vs Gore (crap they don't go away) Bush vs Kerry (this was when I threw out my television). Really this is pretty decent, both of them are only making campaign speeches and promises which are the equivalent of "No no, I'll still respect you" or "Don't worry you can't get pregnant the first time" or "I love you (used in the former context)" They say whatever it takes to get you in bed and then take it from there. It's a crude analogy but It seems to play out over and over again

Well said, eschuk...we need more mediocre politicians. I'm sick and tired of the flashy ones weve got. I want someone in the White House (and congress and everywhere else) that I can completely ignore, and I would argue that some of the best presidents were the ones you dont think about cause they didnt do anything noteworthy.

You stay over there and do your thing, I'll stay over here and do my thing.

I'd say that about sums up what I want from any president and any government: leave me alone.

Not too much really more than his tone, and my own recollection of his monomaniacal blustering to keep clintons' feet to the fire over miss lewinsky at a time when the country desperately needed to focus its attention on ANYTHING more substantial. Clinton was wrong. Starr and Barr were worse.

As far as his tone is concerned, I'd offer the same thing i did to a friend very early in limbaughs' career. Asked why I just didn't care for the guy, and to be specific, I said, sincerely, that I didn't care for jim and tammy faye baker either. They weren't necessarily any different in speech and action than my local clergy. My gut just told me to give em a pass. Barr strikes me similarly. Paul even more acutely.. and they're good buds. You asked. That's all I have to offer. Not trying to change anyone elses mind. Just givin my impression.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

We need more presidents like William Henry Harrison. Show up, give a two hour speech, get sick, do a lot of opium, die a month later. Perfect president.