How exactly do you start a Puch?I

I'm not familiar with starting a "real" moped...how does one start a Puch magnum?

Kuro Neko Neko

Re: How exactly do you start a Puch?I

you sell it to me and I ride off into the sunset. Or roll it down a hill and squeeze the little handle under the left brake handle. Prepare to have assholes descend upon you for such a basic question.

Leon Swarmer /

turn on the petcock, turn on the ignition switch, push down on the choke lever (maybe). Spin the pedals and pull the clutch handle (as above) release the clutch when it starts.

Leon

Thats the long of it. How did you come by said puch that no one showed you how to start it?

I'm glad that question was asked, because I was wondering myself. This moped's been sitting in my garage for 6 months and I can't figure out how to start it. I have a couple other questions.

How do I put gasoline in it?

Once it it moving, how do I make it stop?

Thanks in advance. I can't wait to ride this thing.

I thought I was lame. How do you get the darned tailpipe apart?

check for apple sauce in the air box and try a new exhaust belt

L O T D

Thats not as funny as you might think. I'm pretty sure I had oatmeal in my Maxi luxe's bing 14 bowl upon purchase.

I purchased a Tomos from a guy that did not know how to start it. Once i showed him how to start it, he was thinking about fixing it up, since the engine was not seized up. He had a few people come by to look at it, they may not have known how to start it either, and/or was looking for a known to run moped.

I know a guy who pulls a string to start his. Cause the starter clutch lining is screwed.

1215739206_0706081631.jpg

Haha, I hope one day he doesn't wrap the rope the wrong way!! I guess that he could if he wants to back up?

Ben Van Zoest /

I know a guy who used a thick long bungy cord to launch....

that it the ghettoest started ive ever seen. roflcopter.

Well it is a Korado crank and ignition with a #4 Puch top end sitting in a 1970s E50 case because the korado e50 case only had 1 bearing on output shaft and you cant put a 17 or 18 sprocket on it, now after we put it together with that #4 cylinder it has compression out the ass with the stock head. Way more that what a HC head would give you, this is why the starter clutch is fucked. I expect to see a starter clutch pad that has fallen off the clutch wjen it take it apart.

« Go to Topic — end of thread