Had to cop that one guys style, fresh g3 guy

After I saw that post about the straight up killer with no filler flat black g3 I decided I had to bite his style and do the same to the rusty ass targa LX I picked up from some frat boys. I still have to make it fast like that one, but the most of a biturbo it came with and the new rear sprocket have me doing a tomos 45 on flats and a tomos 0 on a good down hill. Thats right, I got the speedo almost all the way around back to zero. I'm looking for a used kit and almost got one on here but some dude named sabat out bid me. If that dude reads this, tell me how that kit worked out, it had an odor of "might be fucked up" to it, at least from what the kid told me.

Anyway, I digress, I know if everyone who did work on a bike posted it there would be no more room, but I was particularly proud of this one.

1215655880_dsc_1141.jpg

Re: Had to cop that one guys style, fresh g3 guy

I mean this one, that was most of the fleet.

1215656136_dsc_1163.jpg

That looks way better than it used to, no more rust! Anyways did you get that G3 you got running well? Right now both my peds are in various pieces but hopefully can get them back together in quick order to go ride soon.

Damn I'm sad now your green tomos looks better then mine.

depends on your definition of "well" I got it to do about 30 without the air filter, which I would never do for more than a block to see if that helped. With the filter and box it 4 strokes out at like 26-27, but from what I have been reading some of these will do like almost forty stock, so no not really. Come a long way from a super seized no control/cable havin rusted fork/shocks pile of potential to a runner/driver, but I can tell it wants to be so much more. I am going to attack the top end on saturday, randy said he thinks he has some rings that would work, but sachs are weird in the way that the head/cylinder don't separate the way all the other ones do. It does however have a rear wheel coaster brake you can do skiddies with. Also Randy is talking about hiring me over at scooter therapy, trouble being my current job.

well seeing as how thats the only bike I ever payed any real money for don't feel bad.

solution for job situation,

1. find out how much Randy is willing to pay,

2.if comparable to what your making, quit current job.

3. Go work for randy fixing mopeds.

Yeah I have the moby almost figured out, I was having trouble starting cuz grease got into the clutch. Got that straightened out and then the lighting circuit went screwy and started blowing bulbs right and left, so now have the electrical system all apart. Jawa still undergoing its overhaul, new dellorto carb going on (new meaning from Randy's used parts box) then may try to improvise a top tank cafe racer type look.

Bruce Edwards /

God, you're lame. Do you even speak English?

What? I am not sure which post you're referring to, but I have definitely seen much poorer English than that of any of the posts above exhibited on this forum many times.

did you get the clutch figured out on that Jawa? My g3 had a similar problem all I had to do was drain out the old ATF, all 3 drops of it, should have know, the former owner was a completely blank slate on mechanics. He tried to tell me that the air filter box was actually an after market turn signal relay box. I got the feeling he bought it and seized it on his first day of riding it 4 years ago.

Fuckem, I talk all kinds of cool. Just cause its not in his dictionary doesn't mean its not in the smooth-operator-tionary. Dics sweat dictionaries, let him go around correcting other peoples grammar, people LOVE that.

Yeah I knocked the clutch around a bit and cleaned it up seems to work. I had it running really poorly for a while. It had no power when I was actually on it. So I am cleaning out the muffler, replacing gaskets and then will try putting it all back together, hopefully sometime next week.

Yeah, I don't know what I jawa clutch/powertrain looks like, but I am possibly going to get one this weekend, but I messed around with the bolt the clutch kind of pivots on, and still nothing, stop=dead bike and rear wheel turn= engine turning over, until a day or so after I realized it needed atf and fiddled with said bolt, I was rubber necking some broads and hit a HUGE pot hole. After that it was all good. I almost bailed AGAIN. I'm thinking you guys are onto something with those helmets, I don't want my rugged good looks and practical quick thinking to turn into ghoulish shmear and durptitude. One too many close calls.

well if you pick up that jawa I may be able to help out. I am still learning as I go but meh, get some beer and things will get figured out. I saw that post you put on that other thread I had. If you've got a spare ped, I have a friend looking for one that could be turned into a good runner. I actually think I may have a really rough PA50 II for parts around here some where. Maybe out of yours and that one we can make one decent one.

meh not a PA50 II, I have NC50 II for parts... grumble

lol motomatic mopeds doesnt own the black out color scheme. any one can do it and many people did it before them. now that said, comparing a rattlecan paintjob tomos with a biturbo to this.....

is biting his style lol. its totally cool to post bike that you finished, i wish more people did that. especially customized ones. this is a moped messegeboard after all lol.

I think the some of the electrical systems might be similar, and I'm sure that its got something to do with it. Like I said, it dumped me, or vice versa, then I drove it home at like 10mph with what seemed like an irregular spark. Its probably something very minor, all that RIGHT after I got the variator variating. I was seriously taking a victory lap around the neighborhood standing on my peddles when one snapped off. Anyway, I'm sick of looking at it, so if you want to come see it this weekend let me know.

yeah tate, I have some high temp rattle can flat black that you could use on the exhaust to black out the whole thing...

Yeah, whereas his is like stealth assassin style, mine is more sci fi B movie prop style. Neither is without its charm. Also, whereas his is like couple grand style, mine is like 200 style, making it style-in.

yeah I will give you a shout. If I get a ped working by this weekend, we will have to get mike and go ride.

lol u should dress up as a ninja for halloween and ride that.

i am pretty sure i am the person that sold the kit to sabat.

sorry i gave an odder of messed up kit... i must not have worn email deoderant.

i am pretty sure sabat didnt have any major use for it at the time. he hasnt been on aim for i while or i would tell you more present info.

i blacked out my biturbo and sanded the biturbo off so it is gold on black, looks pretty killer

Yeah, I think he went down to Georgia for awhile. I was trying to get ahold of him because one of those hobbit exhausts he is after popped up on fleabay but someone bought it now like real quick.

I was thinking the same, as the gold just doesn't fit in, Or maybe go back to the way I got it, with the silencer in an old subway bag tied to the handle bars. Man, the first time I fired it up without that thing on there it was like the red baron was dive bombing my garage with a giant lawn mower. It was sweet. I can't seem to find a nice flat black grill paint, they all have gloss, which is stupid seeing as how I have never seen a glossy grill.

Ive got a can of flat high temp, I can drop it buy this weekend.

Oh and that comment about the fucked up odor to the kit was the whole got it from a friend who it didn't work for comment. It sucks dude isn't using it, I would have already slapped it on, seized it, freed it, up jetted, four stroked,down jetted, and seized it again by now.

honesty is never bad.

think if i would have said it was in used but mint condition?

you _could_ have had a $80 piece of scrap metal

from the pics i had you could see that it was in near new condition...

whatever, its in the past

----------------------------------------------------------

you do know that some packing in the exhaust is needed for back pressure.

i once packed my pipe too tight and it fell on its face when i tried to crack the throttle from a start.

and too little to no packing just makes it loud and doesnt give you as much as the pipe could.

yeah, I was joking, its stuffed with steel wool now, riveted on and my own homemade baffle cap installed. I agree, about the honesty thing, and If I recall I almost managed to get a 55 dollar piece of maybe scrap metal, which I was more than willing to roll the dice on, if you recall I was disappointed at the final outcome of said instance. As you said though, water under the bridge. I wish I could buy some perf parts locally, the only pipes in town are biturbo's and I seriously think my Maxi luxe would look SUPER lame with one, but treats is out of the boss pipes and the proma gps, so it might have to be a painted biturbo for me. Also, how much did you have to rough up your silencer for the paint to stick? Like a little sanding or are we talking more serious here.

« Go to Topic — end of thread