tomos revival?

wondering how it is? im thinking about getting one, top speed, reliable?

thanks

Re: tomos revival?

yes and yes. but on the fake gas tank it has miracle hinges as in the hinge is a small peice of plastic. i just made a metal hinge for it and put it on. and the top speed is 30 mph. it is a great 2 person bike. and i love the key start and the kick start. um and the horn is cool and sounds really loud and non duck like at all it sounds like a car horn kinda.they are really good. and the crash bar is a plus for the crash bar has saved my revival twice.

thanks, is there anyway to get it going any faster? i saw on some,the spedometer goes up to 60

yeah a 22 tooth sprocket. and a biturbo pipe made for the revival. that will get you up to about 40 and the one where the speedometer goes up to 60 was in kph not mph. and you are looking at the revival ts right? that one has the a55 engine

yea the ts was the one, alright thanks for the help

your welcome

Revivals are fine if you like the look and can afford the price. They go 30 mph stock, just like any other Tomos. The new A55 Revival TS can be kitted just like any other Tomos, except possibly the Arrow, although you usually have to buy an adaptor to make most of the popular exhausts fit. The only thing is, the Revival is a highly styled moped, designed to look like a cruiser motorcycle, and when you put an exhaust on one that looks like something that goes on a crotch rocket, and have to leave the side cover off for a bigger carb and a low restriction filter, it messes up the look. And good luck finding one right now. Peace, Jerry.

hi bailey. the Revivals are great. I recently rode with two other Revivals, and they're fast despite their weight. Plus they have front disc brakes and HUGE 3.25x16 tires. Thats already better than most peds out there. Also the Revivals are just as all reliable as all the other Tomos'. 2-speed hill killer. Torquey mother fucker

thanks, sounds like a good buy then

Not necessarily a good buy, but a good ped for sure. The A55 engine is unbeliveable! My first ped was a 78 Sachs, slow but sure, but newer Tomos' are FUCKING FAST!! There are many models with the new A55 engine, like the Sprints and ST's, which are lighter and smaller bikes , but if you like the look of a Revival..... to each his own

oh and with riding in the rain screw it up?

I don't think riding in the rain will screw it up, but rain makes ALL peds screwy..

what usually happens? stalls out?

my sachs loves the rain. a new tomos will too.

arrow can be kitted, just like every other tomos

you can put a high flow filter and a pipe on your revival without modifying anything

tomos is getting all bikes back in stock this month, so you should be able to find any model you like before too long.

The new Tomos models that are shipping now have a rain-proof spark plug wire -- a sealing rubber boot over the spark plug. I got caught in a tremendous downpour and rode 4 miles at on a new Sprint and never missed a beat.

no I meant peds get a little squirrelly in the rain

yea... the rain pulls up the oils in the road surface and mopeds skid like crazy, unless you have alot of riding expierience or just plain ballsy i wouldnt try riding in the rain

I ride it in the rain every now and then. The only thing that happens is the rain washes it clean. It is a solid bike and moisture does not get into the speedometer. Just be careful making turns and watch for puddles.

Nothing happens. If you like riding in the rain, have fun.

I would sure like to see a full showroom and with every model as well.

when it's raining, do not ride in the middle of the lane where it's darkest. that's where the most oil is, especially at stop lights and stop signs.

pick one of the two lighter colored tracks in the lane made by car tires and ride there, much less oil. i always pick the outside one if i'm by myself, that way cars behind me can't try and squeeze past me in my lane.

they make a rain proof spark plug wire?

mine is made out of rubber but when the spark plug gets wet it likes to stall out in cold rain and snow

talk to marvyhi! he know everything there is to know about the Revivals. So much knowledge about Tomos its mind-blowing.

oh and if you want it to go faster also you can kit it but you will have lower gas mileage.

Hey... don't give me a big head. I do know quite a bit, but not everything. I'm still learning.

« Go to Topic — end of thread