Air Force Academy- Help?

HEy so i just started my apps and need to do my CFA soon and interview. Is any one here associated with the Air Force?

Does anyone have sujestions for me?

Oh and i dont think i will be able to bring my ped there if i get in. rats. I guess the planes will just have to do. too bad i cant fly (bad eyes)

Re: Air Force Academy- Help?

learn to read, write, and spell.. they're big on spelling and grammar

not kidding

yea i was in for 7 years, good luck, dont lie to them if you have done drugs, NEVER voulenteer for anything you cant do in your sleep

folw this and you will become a general

I've been active duty USAF for about two years. Came in enlisted, with plans to go to OTS later on in my career.

However, I just recently came across a good program for Airmen under 23 to transition to the Academy, which I've been researching hard. My squadron commander was happy to write my recommendation, plus I have good SAT/ACT scores, so I'm pretty optimistic about it.

I can answer most questions you might have. Email me, paulmooney@gmail.com

ya i am bad with spelling, i will need to work on that, at least i get to proof read my essays before i turn them in.

MAtt if you try to do something that you are only moderately good at, and fail, what are the consequences? Getting ripped apart and push ups?

Baird, you really should visit an Air Force base and shadow someone to get a feel for what it's like.

You might get ripped on and such in basic a.k.a. field training, but that's not what the "real" Air Force, if there is such a thing, is like.

It's very much just like any other job. You do your job, if you're good, your boss leaves you alone, if you suck, your boss tells you.

I do a straight up office job, and I laugh when people ask me if I have sergeants screaming at me every day. General public perception of the military is way off in most cases, especially AF.

If you get in and need to ride call the Spokesmen and we'll ride Denver with ya.

omg i always wanted to fly for the airforce :)

thats wat i am going to try to get into in the next 5 years.

You have to be an officer with all kinds of extra hurdles for them to give you a multi million dollar plane to fly.

Most air force people do other things.

Still good to get into the academy.

--Scott

i thought you just had to be an officer

Puchtothemaxi i visited the Academy 2 years ago. I have also interviewed three people who have been in the AF for over 20 years. So i have a fair understanding of what life is like after the Academy. Also i have been speaking with USAFA grads and current cadets and have a fair understanding of cadet life as well.

Stoops if i get in i would love to ride denver. If i get in i plan on going up a week before the summer session to get my body used to the enviornment, and we can ride.

When i did a trek at Philmont i went to CO a week earlier to get my body used to the elevation so i figure the same training is necessary for the academy activities.

Leave your moped at home. In the first year at the Academy you will not have time to even scratch your jewels.

No need to adjust, just come a ridin, and a drinking in Denver, and puke for a few hours from the booze and lack of oxygen, and you're good. Welcome, if you just want CO buddies to talk to on the phone, let us know. We'll come rescue you on your short leave days.

I know it sounds stupid, but I always wondered what the military upper echelons know that we don't. That would be kind of cool to be in the know.

My older brother graduated from USAFA now he is a flight instructor in Texas. It's a cool campus with a bunch of underground fallout shelters and tunnels. Good luck, hope you are smart.

i was just being coy with my previous comment, its pretty much all hard work and no life..thats about it. after school its awesome

Get posted overseas in Germany- send moped parts back!

Good Luck!

One of my really good buds goes there right now, he will be a junior next year, if you have any specific questions let me know I'll ask him, I know a few things, you can't have DVD's for at least a little while, or a cell, or a fridge, he actually just got fridge privaleges, umm they have an airsoft club thats pretty intense..hah i dunno...

My brother is in the Air Force. He wanted to be a fireman, but they told him he was too smart. Now he has top level security clearance does all his work from a Herman Miller chair. Bummer!!!

Maybe you should wait until after the the general elections before taking any steps toward joining the military. You know since one of the candidates has a hard-on for Iran and would never ever pull out of Iraq.

Ben Van Zoest /

Keep in mind in the airforce you HAVE to be a "Christian" soldier or you're out in a heartbeat....

So is "don't ask don't tell" really as sweet as it sounds?

I've been wanting to go back to college for a teaching degree and I'd love to get the military to pay for it then just like kiss ten dudes in front of some commanding officer on my first day.

One of my dear friends from high school went to the Air Force academy. Theeen there was a major rape scandal and she left terrified.

Nik,

Where in Texas is your bro?

Del Rio. About 2hours west of San Antonio.

i understand that the academy life is very difficult and i am OK with that.

Stoop that sounds awesome. I also know a Colonel in Denver and i might go visit him sometime, his brother is my neighbor and they are both really nice. So if i come out there we could ride too.

Thanks guys for all the advice. I am really happy right now because i dont have to take the CFA till september.

No problem.

Denver has some of the nicest peders I've ever met amongst M.A.'s ranks, (SD, L.A. and Decepticons excluded because they are some of the best too) but anytime man, we might even bring the fun to you, who knows. So, here's some sage advice, everyone is pulling for you here, so make sure you want to do this before you do it. If you want to fly, cool, my family is 50% pilots (UAL Captains), you can find training and work outside of the military, so just think it through. P.S., bad decade to serve if you want to live where you want to live. I'd hate to see you arming f-17s with dummy bombs in Guam for 6 years... think it through. It's very hot in guam.

On that note, get an education and prosper.

Oh, and come to Denver... it's fun.

Ryan (Stoops)

I was an absolute douchebag before I joined the Air Force. Now I'm a douchebag that knows how to function like an adult. Everything I have; training, a foreign language, a degree, free education and a pretty good pension, an awesome story; I owe to the Air Force. I think you're doing a great thing. Enjoy your right of passage. Not everyone gets that kind of thing anymore.