help! Need to find year and type of honda

hello, i have owned my moped for 4 years and road it once and a while.. i am trying to find the year of it and what the name of it is .. i know it is a honda it has a Sachs cyl.

on this sticker by the handle bars it had these letters and number on it ( if it helps)

GVWR 300

GAWR FRONT 120

REAR 180

the seat says velco on it

the thing next to the cyl had these number on it 0213 146 297 and 40km

also on the reflectors it had these numbers and writings -- SAE-A-77 D.O.T. and stimsonite with a 25 next to it so i am thinking a 1977 somthing but i have a picture i will up load when i get my camera working if anyone can help that would be great!!!

Re: help! Need to find year and type of honda

A Honda would have a Honda engine on it. You may have a Sachs (or any number of other brands who used Sachs engines) with Honda stickers on it.

Post a photo and I'm sure someone will recognize it right away!

The engine is a Sachs 505/504 1-a. Unless by some wild chance that Sachs cylinder could fit on a Honda engine. My guess would be that Trux is right and someone just threw Honda decals on it but it would be fun to see some crazy Honda-Sachs hybrid. That engine was fairly common in '77 so that's believable. The 25 is likely stating that it's top speed is 25mph which is the speed rating of that engine marked 40kph. This would mean that the this frame was made for that engine. I believe all Hondas were either 20mph or 30mph. A picture would help though.

Photos tell no lies.

I know people who put different brand stickers on bikes that don't have titles. Like if a cop pulls over a yamaha qt50 and there is a sticker that says honda and when he looks up the plate it says honda pa50II and thats all he knows is that both say honda on them. Not me though.

the seat on my pa-50II says Honda on it...show us a pic and I can identify it!

ok sweet i have to get a new one my camera didn't keep it in the memory i will get one maybe today or tomarrow thanks!

Here is a picture of this moped please help me find the year and what kind... thanks!!

1215741144_moped.gif

i like the bycicle seat.

i know it is hot huh?!?! i got this thing from a freind he got it in exchange for a tatoo and i always wanted one yeah it has that and it had a ton of duck tape all over it and a couple of wire hangers holding somthing together not sure what but it ran awesome lol

Columbia Comuter, not Honda, except the sticker.The sticker should have the year that you got the other information from,the year and serial number may have been scratched out, so look to see if this has took place.

that is awesome! where would the numbers be located??? i looked and found all the numbers i could find unless it could be under the sticker some where...... do you maybe know the year?

they vin plate is often right where the forks meet the frame on mopeds. that should have the year. if there are 2 little holes there that means someone took it off and it was likely stolen at one point in its life lol.

it happens a lot.

i really hope it was not stolen... it was a birthday present.... man i might have shady friends though... thanks man

« Go to Topic — end of thread