Tomos Pedal Crankarm Removal?

Just bought a used Tomos Targa A35 moped, and doing some repairs to it. I’m looking to replace the front sprocket. In order to do so I need to remove a plate that covers it, but I can’t take if off without also removing the left pedal crank. The problem is I can’t seem to get the crankarm off. I remove the nut but can’t figure out how to get the bolt out. I tried banging it out and screwing it out but to no effect. Any idea/suggestions??

Re: Tomos Pedal Crankarm Removal?

You have to drive it out, soak it in some kind of penetrating oil, put the nut back on the end of it, with the threads flush with the nut, and just keep tapping on it. If that doesn't work, then you will have to hit it hard to get it out, which will destroy it, but new ones are cheap. Just don't hit it so hard that you bend the pedal crank shaft. Those are NOT cheap. Peace, Jerry.

to get mine out i used a thin metal rod and a hammer. find a rod and just hammer it out form the thinner side

i use a hardened steel punch and a 3lb sledge hammer they always work, ok usually after a good dousing of penatrating oil.

junkyard dog is right. he said the same thing to me when i asked the same thing.. and it worked.

« Go to Topic — end of thread