chi town price gouging,

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/mcy/746721571.html

Who are you, and why are you doing this?

Re: chi town price gouging,

Take a ride and find out. Im sure he'll let you take a look. Right?

Yeah but those prices are disgusting.

1k for a pinto that needs work?

1.2k for a maxi that needs work?

Come on.

Id sell all three of my bikes for 1.2k

I was just looking at that .

Yup, a bit spendy for them bikes but I think hes just seeing what he can get .

He will come down in price unless some one that dont no shit about peds buys them .You know one of those A holes that use to laugh at us but cant afford to put gas in his Denali now

Yeah... Id buy one of those maxis for 500, no more.

the pinto id take for 400.

I emailed him, like dude, you're prices are outrageous.

He needs to sell them to buy gas for the Mercedes 4.5 litre

in the garage.

Low teens mpgs around town, high upkeep costs.

But at least the 4.5 I have and can't afford to drive is a convertible

The prices are hilarious esp for need work machines.

Jack

I sent him a Email about tradeing the two maxis for my 1972 CB125 worth around $1300-1500 or $1000 cash and got NO replies.

That would be a decent trade or offer, Right?

That 125 is bad I'll trad you a magnum for it!

he'd prolly want to trade one maxi for that.

You want 1k in cash for that?

Where are you located?

Can I come check it out maybe?

1 :$1300 cash or a juicy moped trade . I like anything with a puch motor and I might like to try a moby

2: Romoville

3: Come take it for a ride ,you will want it even more .lol

I got a barn fresh BSA thunderbolt 650 I trade too.It was stored properly no rust but a shit load of cob webs

That is a very nice bike. I would be interested too if closer.

I wish I could drive our Honda XR100 on the street.

No lights out of the factory so good for dirt only.

That is a good family of bikes and engines.

Jack

can't knock the hustle

I know the guy. He is poor and spent all his money on a crap ton of mopeds.

There are stupid hipsters in chicago that will spend daddy's money on a moped.

He is just seeing what he can get from them.

I would never buy a moped for that much.

However. a decent running moped in chicago is worth alot these days.

If u figure in the cost of driving out of the state to pick them up. and the uncertainty of what u will find when u get there. its not too far off in terms of price.

on ebay maxis are selling maxis for like 800 +

yeah man, fuck buying peds for 500+.

Any way you can talk him down on one of those maxis for me?

I needs a puch something or other.

and dwls, the 125 is a 4 speed right?

Ill give you a honda ct70 and a 77 benelli blazer, and 200 cash for it.

5 speed 70mph +

I will send Email

replied.

It's the big city, man. The only moped shop in town was charging $1350 for a new 2008 Sprint, I crossed borders to Indiana and got one for $1050 including set-up.

I believe they are now sold-out, the demand is obviously there in our fair city so why not gouge? Thats Econ 101

"I believe they are now sold-out, the demand is obviously there in our fair city so why not gouge? Thats Econ 101" It works in the short term, but does long term damage to the dealers and the company. I would never pay more than MSRP for anything. My local Tomos dealer is sold out right now, but when more come in, they will be sold at MSRP plus sales tax. They even thow in a free 30 day checkup if you want it. All of the Japanese dealers in my area are gouging big time on 50cc scooters, but there is one in L.A. called OTDcyclesports, that still sells at MSRP. They have built their business and reputation on it, and for them to start price gouging would likely put them out of business. Peace, Jerry.

what mopedarmy forum members would pay and what chicago moped buyers at large would pay are very different things. he's a good guy, and probably doing the smart thing by listing them at that price. it would be different if he was posting them on here.

It just pisses me off that now I can't even get a decent seized bike around here because everybody from chicago is raiding my henhouse. I mean seriously, can't you guys go piss in someone elses sandbox? Or at least throw some money out your window every couple of miles you drive on our highways the we way do when you travel through your state? I don't know you guys and I'm sure your an amiable lot, but FIBS sometimes make me want to shit a brick then throw it through the window of there inconsiderately driven automobile.

hey thanks for bumping and flagging my craigslist post ;)

yea the bikes are all near complete and from talking to people on the monday night ride they said to just throw em up now because some folks want a bike for this weekend.. they all run just need a few small things that can easily be fixed.

but anyway...i am not in the business of selling mopeds to mopeders, and if i wanted to sell them for cheap i have a laundry list of friends who want them before some strangers.

i plan on seeing these people with broken bikes at some point to and as long as im still in the city people can come and get some work done.. my gf and i are always working on bikes and have taught a few people how to clean carbs, petcocks, and change cables..

if anyone here wants one, i can drop the price a little. like 1-200 bux.. but if not then keep an eye out on ebay and junk like i do fix up rusty hundred dollar bikes and have fun. the days of pulling bikes out of garage sales for $25 is near gone...and dont get me started on the 2nd gas crisis..

dwls, never got your email... not really looking for a motorcycle one is enough when you dont have a garage.. of course if the trade is right i'd bite, but i think i'd make more selling 2 bikes and buying a honda 125 and fixing it. its a pretttttty bike though! love 70s orange.

thats a NICE bike, if i was ANYWHERE close to you i would scoop that up in a hot second

Im trying desperately to scooop that bike up, but 1300 cash is a bit steep right now, and I've got three peds right now and am running out of space.

Jason, I didnt mean to offend you by posting this here, it just offends me to see peds at such insane prices on craigslist, when I'm trying to locate one for a friend.

« Go to Topic — end of thread