Sachs "key" item?

I want to get my newly aquired Sachs Balboa running by Friday.

It's got great compression and fuel is fine, but not so sure on electrical.

Now I know that each company has their 'key' electrical item.

For example, Puch has the horn, and Vespa is the tail-light.

What is it for Sachs?

Re: Sachs "key" item?

None that I could determine, you can disconnect devices at will and everything else will still work. The taillight is also a "key" Puch electrical device. Using resistor plugs instead of regular plugs (to add a Tachometer) will eventually cause massive misfiring on the Sachs. Metal shavings from removing the magneto cover can also get sucked into the magneto itself from sitting in the cover for a while (unless cleaned out)...killing the spark at the points. This is very rare occurance though because the source of the shavings is from the engine case itself when you use a screwdriver to knock it loose very small pieces enter the cover unnoticed over time.

what...whaaaa? i gotta have a horn on my puch for the electrical to work? damnit. i'm building a puch right now and really didn't want the horn.

Zachary Evans, Destroyer of Worlds /

You don't need to have a horn, you just have to ground the horn circut..

Electrical doesn't work that way.

And Kyle, I think Rick has done some work on his Sachs, he might have some tips for you.

General Jackson /

on the puch you can just connect the two horn wires to make a complete circuit, and also you then have a nifty kill switch to keep anyone from starting your ped when you aren't around.

on the sachs, i just got spark on 216chris's by direct connecting the headlight, horn and taillight. all his bulbs and horn were blown, out so i figured it was one of them. connect the top wire on the taillight to the ground wire and you should complete the circuit. or just get a new bulb for the taillight :)

Zachary Evans, Destroyer of Worlds /

I don't think you can kill it dissconnecting the horn, it just runs super shitty.

you can get wiring diagrams and more info on electrical from mopedriders.org website.

tail lights. complete the circuit

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ /

and you will be running

Re: tail lights. complete the circuit

I have a 78 Sachs Balboa. My Taillight doesnt work and never has, but I'm still able to start and ride the damn thing. Only when I tried taking the horn off on the Sachs was the only time I could not get it fired up. I just spliced the 2 horn wires together, completing the circuit and it fired right up. So I guess the 'key' item on a Sachs would be the Horn connection, just like the Puke. The Sachs horn is definitely one, but im not sure what else.

Re: tail lights. complete the circuit

Is there such an item on a hobbit? P.S. where is the horn button supposed to be on a sachs, more specifically a g3, as mine came with nothing in the way of controls, I am currently using some from a yamaha razz.

« Go to Topic — end of thread