OT: Where to buy [not necessarily moped] bearings?

Any of you guys who also have bikes bigger than mopeds: where do you buy your bearings? Local? Online? Is it as much of a bitch to find unsealed ones locally as it is online?

Also, what brands other than FAG or SKF are worth getting? Mine will be a fairly low-rpm application (engine turning at 6500rpm, maybe tune it up a bit at some point, but itll never be a rev-monster).

Re: OT: Where to buy [not necessarily moped] beari

there are bearing stores everywhere. check out the phone book... figure out what size you need and rock and roll.

motion industries and fastenal are the best places

grainger too

yeah i just take my old bearings out and hand them to the bearing guy and he goes off for a few minutes and returns with brand new ones. sometimes one has to be special ordered but they are all fairly common.

oh i just read that it was you james- hey man. are these for the benelli? yeah definately look in the yellowpages for bearing shops. -they really are everywhere. unsealed bearings are easy to find- most come with a blue or black little plastic seal that easily pops off so that they are unsealed again. Just hand them the old ones and they do the rest.

let me know if you need any other help on that. good luck.

Thanks, I'll look around for a bearing place. The Wards Riverside yahoo group has a list of all the bearing sizes except for the gudgeon pin bearing, which Ill have to remove and take in, I guess.

Gaskets should be in this week, got those seals so I should be good on those, once I get the bearings it should be ready to rebuild. I got the original UB22BS for the 175 engine, and it is sweet looking. I think I'm going to have to get a smaller stack for it though...I think the long one is going to hit the tool boxes.

Look up bearings in the yellow pages.

If you are looking for an un-sealed bearing and all they have are sealed ones, no problem! Just pick the seals out of them.

rad dude. those aluminum carbs/stacks polish up really nice.

Yeah I am stoked about the carburetor:

I wondered if you could just pull the seals off sealed bearings.

Then I just gotta figure out how everything goes together and I'll be good to go. I kinda want to try to find a Motobi piston at some point, the rings on the Benelli look like they would be extremely prone to flutter at higher rpms. It's a tough call; part of me wants to port it a bit, get a Motobi 3-ring race piston, trade the muffler out for an expansion pipe, get a 27mm SS1 carb, etc, and just generally try to make it as fast as it has the potential to be, but then the other part of me says keep it stock cause it's a classic. Hard to decide.

<www.mcmastercarr.com>

sorry www.mcmastercarr.com type that into your address bar

I have brought bearings into bearing stores in the big city.

Bearings.inc.

Show them the bearing and they hand you the right one over the counter.

Jack

Anything made in Korea, Taiwan, Europe, USA are fine

I get them on ebay ten at a time. Just pop the seals out if you don't need them. They work fine.

« Go to Topic — end of thread