So i just went out to buy some smokes and...

i got pulled over. i just finished fixing my speedo and throwing a LED headlamp on my bars (my headlight sucks, i think its a blown speedo bulb, and i gotta run to the hardware store for wiring shit). So i went got some butts, then did a speed tests on the ride home with my airbox on and with out it. (runs better with, huh) so right after that a car follows me and flashes me down, it's a cop. He says "i dont think youre supposed to be on those things at night" I say "its a moped" thinking he thought it was a dirtbike or something. He replies "what is that 49cc? you got your license or permit?"

"Yes"

"Alright well im not trying to bust your balls, but you cant ride it at night"

"can i put better lights on it? this is just a headlamp." I say

"I dont know, im not trying to bust your balls" then he cruises away.

Ive never seen anything on a curfew in the massachusetts moped laws. so i guess ill just throw some better lights on and get on with life. Has anyone else been pulled for this? or have laws that say this in some secret federal moped law?

*SPARKNOTES*

I got pulled over for having dim lights. Massachusetts laws say nothing about them.

Re: So i just went out to buy some smokes and...

he may not be trying to, but rest assured that he was, in fact, actively ball busting. you can absolutely ride at night.

Yea, he pulled you over because you have a Headlamp instad of a headlight. Pretty sure the law says you have to have a light that serves a purpose. He proboly thought it was a dirt bike because it definatly is not street legal the way it is. If he saw someone in a car with a flashlight taped to their hood, and no lights on, I bet he would pull them over as well.

And im sure there is a regulation on how bright a light needs to be. It makes sence that there would be.

You can ride at night with a headlight. But he diddnt have a headlight.

If he had a headlight, the cop likley wouldnt have even noticed him. But he saw someone witha rigged up light, and assumed that the bike wasnt made to ride at night. He probobly thought it was one of those bikes you buy at the Auto parts stores.

Sounds like a prety cool cop to me. Im sure he could have given you a ticket for that.

yeah i got pulled over and yelled at buy a cop for having no lights on my express

so wize ass me went to big lots and bought a strand of 100 chirstmas lights and wrapped them all over my bike wired them right into the mag

that cap seen me the next night and didnt know what to say so he called me a fuckin asshole

hey you said i needed lights but you didnt say what kind of lights

Thats funny. Id like to see a pic. Were they the colored lights, or the clear ones? Did you use the flasher bulb?

hahahahahha jay thats sick.

and i think its a new cop, cause most of the others in this town are total douche nozzles

yeah they were colored blinking ones

this was a few years ago i wish i had a pic of it now

i try to become friends with them all and they usually leave me alone

i get away with so much shit around here

Dang...at least he didn't do anything and was cool enough to let you go!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account