Bored out carb, pros and problems.

So tonight I finally drilled out my 12mm BING to a 15.8mm. This was for my Maxi with a 65cc Metra and an estoril techno pipe.

The bigger hole made it so my throttle slide doesn't move down far enough and my moped idles at a quarter throttle. Its really high. It wont go down any further because the shape of it to the hole.

Also, for some reason I have to keep my choke on until I get to about 32 to 35 I'm guessing or it boggs down. Once I get going 35, I pop the choke off (which I have to do by hand) and go flyin really fast.

So in the end I think I go faster, but I idle ridiculously high and I have to play with the choke as I ride.

Anyone else run into these problems when boring out carbs?

Re: Bored out carb, pros and problems.

Oops I meant to put this on the performance section.

well no matter where ya move it get that shit off there before ya sieze it

anthing that needs the choke on half the time is running lean..

A brand new 15mm bing is only 85 bucks.... bite the bullet!

upjet upjet upjet

you could have used the 12 just fine with a bigger jet and performance filter...........I just recently switched my maxi with metra 65 and biturbo to a 16/16 because.......well ....I had one.....and stuck the 12 on another bike

a 14mm carb to 15mm (with hi flow filter) and a high compression head was a decent increase adn def noticable.

« Go to Topic — end of thread