ZA50 Rip and fuck clutch pucks

Chris Hernandez /

My transmission on my maxi is totally fucked. I take it in to Choke and Jeff laughs at me and says he's not toughing a puch 2 speed.

I have to say i'm not a fan of the E50 performance,I like the pull of the 2 speed better. The only thing that floats my boat in the same way is a kitted E50. I didn't want to go this route but, i'm a big dude and I need something to pull.

PS- I hate when parts that dont really exist anymore break.

Re: ZA50 Rip and fuck clutch pucks

Motion Left Mopeds makes new clutch pucks, and sells them through TreatsHQ. If that is what you need.

They also do full rebuilds.

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

Those dampeners are the same thing? Those were only $30 parts if I remember correctly.

Chris Hernandez /

I think they are different for the 2 speeds

no, they made them specifically for the ZA50 2 speed.

that is, if a puck is the same as a dampener.

Maitland Of the Loin /

it is. Rebuilding a 2 speed is not hard. Hell I did it DURING A RALLY.

but a rally rebuild is not suitable for a gilardoni kit :(

take it apart, learn where everything goes, and then learn why it goes there. It may sound strange, but if you pay extreme attention to detail, and reassemble it EXACTLY how you disassembled it, you will start to ask yourself why this does what, and figuring out the engine will come naturally from there.

although I can understand why shops wont do it. I personally have not rebuilt enough 2 speeds to be confident enough to sell it to someone else and say "yes this wont break on you", whereas with a one speed you can say that

How do you know that the shift dampners (same as pucks) are shot and it's not something else inside?

ZA50s are not for the faint hearted, or the poor. And I would never kit one. In fact, I will never rebuild another one. I'm glad I have a nearly new E50 for a backup. Peace, Jerry.

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

Chris was just here and picked up an E50 bottom end from me. He's going to do the rebuild as a back-up I believe.

During a rally though? Crazy man. What's this I hear about you flip the gear and dremel a part of it for crazy top end gain?

Maitland Of the Loin /

dremelling out a gear is a horrible idea.

also i have a different za50 with different gear ratios.

Fuck a two speed Chris. Get a gnarly e50, with a tuned clutch. You'll be happy. ZA-50s are so last month's issue of Vanity Fair, duh.

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

no, maitland rebuilt a za50 at a rally IN an abondoned warehouse WHILE eating hotdogs. it was amazing.

saw this today and had to bump it.

« Go to Topic — end of thread