Locking up the most important thing in my life.

So i read the article about moped locks and have watched some youtube vids as well.

Right now i have a 1\2 in steel braided cable with hardedned masterlock. And i plan on getting a 1\2 in steel U-Lock. A steel chain with mini U-Lock, and maybe a disc brake lock (my ped will have discs)

So all in all i will have about 15-20 lbs of steel holding it down but what do you think of these methods. Any tips?

Thanks

Re: Locking up the most important thing in my life

Hire security.

sticker that says "this moped protected by Smith & Wesson"

theres a word for that, i think it's called overkill. but if anyone can get through those they deserve the ped more than you do. i just have a combo lock that i got at a bike store. no problems yet. i think its more about how you chain it and what you chain it to than how many chains you have.

or just chain a doberman to it. a big ol' hungry doberman.

You've read all the posts, why ask again? lol You know what to do man...throw away the braided lock, get a kryptonite faghetaboudit (new), and chain it to something that doesn't move or can't be cut. Add 1 shed or other dry locking storage and mix thoroughly.

My concern with the u'lock is that it has a small width so i am veryu limited in what i can put is around.

Most places i park i could only chain it around telephone poles, trees, or a road barrier. The only bie rack at my school is reall small and wieghs like 20 lbs, i could easily be moved. And in town there are nearly no bike racks.

Kryptonite NYC or OnGuard Rottweiler or Beast Chain.

kryptonite evolution series 4 ulock.

Leon Swarmer /

Deezy just uses a zipper.. and only then on days he has to.

L

« Go to Topic — end of thread